Chapter 25

You were silent the whole time Katsuki guided you towards the waiting room back inside the stadium. What exactly were you supposed to say, anyways? Your brain was still trying to process what you had heard from Medea earlier.

You were just sitting on the chair, staring at the floor, with Katsuki across you. He could barely see your eyes. He has never seen you like this. So empty. So full of thoughts, that you weren't acknowledging his presence in the room.

He's not sure what to do or say to you. He doesn't even know what it is you're feeling or thinking. He's just sitting there with you because he thinks that's the least he can do for you.

Damn it. The more he sees your sadness the angrier he gets. He hates seeing you like this; every second of it.

"We should go," You almost whispered. "We need to eat something to get some energy before the next round."

"Bird brain-"

"Let's just not talk about it," You basically begged him with your eyes. "I can't deal with this right now."

"Okay."

You walked in silence again till you got into the school's cafeteria.

You said you didn't want to talk but your mind couldn't stop thinking about it. You tried your best not to look too gloomy while waiting in line to get your food, so you could avoid questions from anyone.

Katsuki normally sits across from you but this time he decides to sit next to you. It surprised you and it showed on your face.

"What?" and it seems like he noticed too.

"You...You're sitting next to me."

"I'm aware."

"You never get this close to me."

He moved just a little. "I can leave-"

"No," you grabbed his arm. "Don't...Don't go."

You shared a few seconds of silence looking into each other's eyes before he closed his and let out a small chuckle. "Idiot. Of course I won't."

You let go of his arm and he kept eating. You got some rice with a salad since you weren't that hungry but you weren't eating either.

"Eat," Of course he noticed. "You were the one who said we had to get some energy. Didn't take you for someone who likes salands, though."

"What is that supposed to mean?" You turned to him faster than you have ever had.

"Nothing. Eat."

"Are you implying I don't eat healthy food?" You said, resting your hand on your chest acting offended.

"No."

"Lair."

Wait. Is Katsuki...teasing you?

Since when does this happen? He never makes any comments about anything because he doesn't want to deal with anyone and get pissed off.

Unless...He's trying to get you out of your thoughts. Distract you.

In that case, he's doing a good job.

He gave you a side glance and gestured with a nod to keep eating.

"Thank you." You said with a warm smile.

***

The last round for the festival is a one-on-one battle.

The first two rounds have always been different every year but there is always a one-on-one competition and you were excited for it. Something that helps you avoid thinking about Medea and your dad, which is probably sitting somewhere among the people in the colosseum watching you and you had just realized that.