Chapter 30

"I would like to speak with my daughter privately, please." Your father said to Katsuki who was standing next to you.

He wouldn't let you go alone after reading that text, saying you might be in some kind of danger. You didn't really have a choice. Knowing Katsuki, he would either go with you whether you like it or not or he just wouldn't let you go at all.

Your relationship with your parents is still unstable and complicated, but they had no reason to lie or pull tricks on you when it came to your safety and you know that. And that is exactly why you trusted your dad on this one.

"It's okay, dad," You said so you could prevent your little blonde chihuahua from saying anything to anger your dad. Their relationship too isn't the best, so the less Katsuki talks, the better. "I told him to come with me."

"Why?" He looked at Katsuki from head to toe. "I'm sorry Y/n but I have to tell you something about which he is not trustworthy."

"And you are?" You asked rytochically, crossing your arms to your chest, raising your eyebrow once.

"That's on you to decide."

"Yeah, you're in no position to slander anyone in that department. Now, tell me for what reason you brought me out here, I have to go back."

He glanced at Katsuki for a couple of seconds, before Katsuki rolled his eyes and whispered to your ear, "I'll wait for you down the entrance's hall."

You nodded and he walked away. Once your dad made sure he was far enough, he took a deep breath and stared at the ground.

"Dad, I don't have all day."

The moment you made eye contact with him, was the moment you understood something was seriously wrong. Because never have you ever seen your father's eyes filled with such worry and fear at the same time.

So, what he said is probably true. You might really be in danger.

"Listen, Y/n," He finally said, walking up to you and grabbing each of your shoulders. "I didn't want to tell you but it's to keep you safe."

"Dad, you're starting to scare me. What's going on?"

His heart rate was higher than it should normally be. You could hear it through your feathers. He's really scared.

"Whatever I am about to say, please don't make a scene and just listen to me," He said. "I'm only trying to protect you. And please do as I say." You slowly nodded. He took another deep breath. "You have to withdraw and get away from the sports festival. I'll take you home and I will tell you exactly what happened nine years ago."

Your eyes couldn't go wider to that statement. No way is he serious about you giving up now. You had a fight about the sports festival with your mother a few days ago, because for some reason she—and your dad apparently—didn't want you to participate. Her exact words were "I know how important this is for you but you have to trust me on this."

"You're joking, right?" You said scoffing. "This is a big opportunity for me and you're asking me to-"

"I know," He interrupts you. "Y/n, I know how much this means to you but right now you are in danger and you have to stay away from here."

"Why?"

"I told you, I will explain at home."

What the fuck happened that could've made him go this far as to tell you everything, even though they were the one's that refused to do so because "we can't tell you, yet." What's with the sudden change of heart?

"No, you will tell me now or I am not going anywhere." You gave him some time to decide if is going to tell you a good reason for you to quit or you'll go back and act like any of this ever happened. When you understood he wasn't going to tell you anything, you walked away. "Bye dad."