Chapter 10

"What are you talking about?"

You couldn't see it nor hear anything. You could sense someone moving. It was as if it was trying to reach you but you kept dodging every time you felt it near you.

"I'm telling you! I can sense something moving and it's trying to come close to me!"

Bakugo stood up, searching for whatever you're sensing. You kept moving so it wouldn't touch you, but then it stopped.

"It's gone." you said as you were looking around in case it was hiding "I don't feel it anymore."

What was that? Was it someone's quirk? It had to be. Whatever it was, whatever quirk it possessed, it was extremely fast. It wasn't invisible; it just moved at ridiculous speeds. But you could still sense their presence with your wings' help.

"Are you going crazy or something?" he said, with his arms crossed and looking at you with an irritated face.

"No, I really- "

"Whatever." he started walking back into his house "It's gone now, so just leave."

You grabbed his arm "Wait. Tell me what's wrong, what happened today?"

He growled out of frustration, his face was twitching and his fists were clenched. He snatched his arm out of your grip aggressively and hit your hand "Would you leave me alone, for fuck's sake!? Why do you care, anyways!?"

"Bakug- "

"I'm fine! But that damn Deku was hiding his quirk this whole time and you were helping him!" You were confused still, but you didn't say anything. He looked like he needed to let it out. He's not the best at expressing his feelings and you knew that, so you just let him talk. "You knew about it this entire time and you didn't say shit, Y/n!"

His ego was almost as immense as the anger that he was releasing. His teeth had been bare, his eyebrows furrowed, yet his eyes were glossed over "You two think I'm that much of a fool, huh?! You think I'm some idiot who could never figure out what's going on? You don't stand a chance with me. Same goes for Deku and make sure you pass him this message."

He got closer to your face. His warm breath hit your cheeks, eyes piercing into your own, "Don't think for even a second that you can look down on me. Neither you or that stupid fucking nerd."

You stayed silent for a couple of seconds, in case he wanted to say anything else. You didn't ever see him like this. He would never express what he felt and it was shocking to you. He turned around and walked away and right before he touches the door's handle to get inside-

"I don't know about Midoriya, but I can't look down on someone I look up to."

***

Is it possible that he misheard you? You? Looked up to him?

He didn't speak. His hair casted a shadow upon his eyes, hiding them from the world.

"I hate it that you think I see you that way." He wasn't sure but you sounded like you were about to cry. Your voice was trembling a little and didn't feel good about it, for some reason "But it's not like that at all, Izuku- "

"I don't give a damn. He is still well behind me, and so are you." he said, interrupting you without moving an inch "Don't believe we're pals just because we've been training for almost a year."

What he was saying to you made him feel bad for some reason. Maybe it stung because I was so upset. Because of these weird feelings, he was pushing you away. He didn't want to be in that situation.

He didn't want to care.

So, he shut you out.

"But you came to me and- "