Chapter 32

Katsuki won.

The next battle is the final one and he will be your opponent. If you beat him, you won the match along with the sports festival.

You know how Katsuki fights. How he moves, how fast he moves, what attack is going to use first. That is an advantage but it's not a guaranteed victory. Knowing his moves won't help at all because as much as you know about him, he knows about you.

He knows every move you're going to make and he always has his guard up, so what you used on Todoroki earlier to win, is not going to work on him now.

You can predict each other's moves. So, what both of you have to do is predict the unpredictable.

As you're standing opposite of him, waiting for Present Mic to start the match, for some reason you can't stop smiling at him.

"What's so funny, bird brain?"

"Nothing," You chuckle. "It's just been a while since we fought seriously."

"Well, keep your guard up 'cause ya know I'm not going easy on you. Especially you."

Your smile turned into a smirk.

It's weird. You're not nervous or anxious or worrying about your strategy and how you're going to attack and all that stuff like you did with your previous battles.

Not that you don't want to win, of course. You'll do anything possible to beat him and win the sports festival.

"Start!" That was your cue to open your wings and fly to him with full speed ahead.

Of course, your swords were already drawn and into their steel form. You try to attack him, but he outruns you with his classic right swing. You defend yourself with your swords, only to be propelled further into the sky by the force of the explosion.

But that's precisely what you wanted him to do. By firing a powerful enough blast, smoke will block his eyesight, and this is when you strike with your smaller feathers to distract him while attacking him from the side.

But he must have sensed or predicted your actions, because he was ready for an attack the moment you went closer to him. Your daggers only managed to nick his shoulder. He flew up to you and launched another blast. "I thought I told you to keep your guard up!" Unlike before, you were too slow to evade or protect yourself, so you ended up on the ground, and it was definitely not a nice landing.

"Argh!" The second you fell on the ground, your wings turned into steel as fast as you could to make a shield for his upcoming attack from above.

You expected another burst but it never happened. Instead you suddenly felt heat on your wings. He was trying to melt the steel, but what he probably doesn't know—at least you think he doesn't—is that heat will fuse your steel and not melt it; especially Katsuki's steel.

"Damn it!" You remove all of the steel from your wings, open them, and try to hit him as swiftly as you can with your sword, which is still in its steel form.

Naturally, he dodges and fires another blow, this time on your torso.

With all of these explosions in such a short period of time, there is smoke everywhere, making it impossible to see what is going on.

Turning your quirk on back and forth has already taken a toll on you and you still have your swords in steel mode, so they're getting heavy too. That last hit hurt a little too much, making you fall on one knee to the ground, using your sword to support your body.

You use it to stand back up but he's clearly faster. He was already behind you getting ready for his final blow. None other than, "Stun Grenade!"

That is his strongest attack, so far, so when the smoke clears, Katsuki is above you and has you pinned down on the ground in a matter of seconds, his other hand on fire, threatening to unleash an explosion.