Chapter 20

You were in class, just sitting at your desk, playing with your pen. You were not paying any attention to your surroundings; rather you were thinking about yesterday, with what you heard from Izuku.

"On my way here, I saw them talking outside. I don't know what they were saying, but they seemed close to each other. I'm surprised the Hawks didn't notice me."

You had your doubts about that. Hawks' quirk, Fierce Wings, allows him to be self-aware of his surroundings, making it virtually hard for someone to sneak up on him. He is able to hear everything. Literally.

So your parents and Hawks are "close to each other." You thought you got at least some of your questions answered, but now you have even more for them.

"Y/n, do you remember when I told you that you may be related to Hawks?"

"Izuku, there is no way in hell I'm related to a pro hero, let alone my favorite one."

Yes, you're not a fan of All Might, but you never said that there are no other heroes you like.

"What do you like about Hawks?"

You raised an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with any of this?"

"Just tell me."

"I like his quirk and the way he fights. It's..." that's when realization hit you.

"Similar to yours? Like I told you?"

Damn it, Izuku. He might be right, but is that enough proof? Many people have similar quirks without being related. Yours and Hawks' quirk may be basically the same, with some exceptions, but...Yeah, you got nothing. Put that on the list of 'Finding the truth about your past.'

Honestly, this whole situation is starting to annoy you; to the point where you're really close to just say 'Fuck it I'll just pretend like everything is normal.'

"Y/n! How are you feeling?" Almost everyone in class asked you the same question, except Mina was a bit distant. Figures.

"I'm fine, Ashido," you responded.

"Call me Mina. No need to be formal."

You purse your lips into a thin line, nod and proceed to open your bag to reach for your phone. You weren't mad at her or anything, but you didn't forget what she said the other day either. And it seemed like she got the hint.

"Look, I am really sorry for what I said yesterday," she said with a sigh. "I didn't mean to offend you or make you feel bad-"

"I'm not mad at you, Mina. I just have a lot in my head," she opened her mouth to say something but you raised your hand across her to stop her. "And before you ask; no. I don't want to talk about it. At least, not right now."

Truth to be told, you weren't the one she was supposed to apologize to. Katsuki wouldn't care about her apology and you knew that, but still. You can't judge someone like that before you get to actually know them.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's fine."

"Alright, then. I, uh...I'll see you later."

Mina sat at her desk, while you were still looking for your phone. You probably forgot it at home, which you had wished you never went to. After Izuku visited you, Recovery Girl said that you were actually good to go. You didn't want to see your parents again that day, but you couldn't stay there, so you left along with Izuku.

"Hey, did you watch the news last night?" Hagakure asked her classmates next to her.

Right. The USJ incident was indeed all over the news. Come to think of it, you were never told exactly what happened after you passed out. The only thing you knew was that All Might came in time and managed to beat those villains.