Chapter 33

The sports festival ended with Katsuki as the winner, following you in second place and Tokoyami in third.

You can't say you're relieved it's over, though. Now you have to deal with your parents and think about the whole situation with Medea. They were waiting for you right outside the stadium, of course, but you weren't ready to talk to them just yet, so you walked home with Izuku.

"You were great, Y/n," Izuku said, staring at the distance. "You used your small feathers to distract him so you could hit him from the side. Kacchan adapts pretty quickly, though, and he sensed you. You could've won if-"

"Stop." You interrupt him with a laugh. "I know what you're trying to do. And I appreciate it but I'm fine."

"O-Oh...Um, I was just-"

"Trying to make me feel better. I know," You grabbed him by his shoulders and hugged him, still smiling. "Thank you. You're a great friend, Izuku. Sorry for not saying it enough." You don't do this often so he was a little startled from the sudden act of affection. "I said I was sorry, don't leave me hanging."

"R-Right! Sorry!" He said almost immediately and tried hugging you but it ended up with him acting like a robot. Almost like Iida. Not to mention he was as red as a tomato. You laughed at his small panic and after letting go he started laughing with you.

You walked in silence but it seems like Izuku wanted to say something but he was hesitating to do so.

"What is it?" You say, making it a little easier for him to say whatever is troubling him.

"Huh? Oh, um...Well, I wanted to ask..." He wasn't even making eye-contact; just staring at the ground and fidgeting with his fingers. "I'm not trying to be nosy but...You and Kacchan...Um, you're really close now, huh?"

"Ah, so you were the one spying on us in the hallway." You say, crossing your arms.

"Huh!? No, no, no it's not like that at all! I wasn't spying on you two, I wanted to visit you after your match in Recovery Girl's office and-"

"Relax," You said laughing and hit his shoulder lightly. "I'm just messing with you. I know you saw us," You flap your wings once. "I sensed you."

"Oh. I see." He relaxes and keeps walking down our neighborhood. "So, um...you and Kacchan are...like, uh...you are seeing each other?"

There is a small pause because neither of you know what the fuck the two of you are. Yeah, sure you are close but what kind of close?

"No, we're not like that but...I'm not sure what exactly is going on between us, to be honest."

"What do you mean?"

Thinking back on the time you've spent with each other for over a year now makes you question if you actually have feelings for one other.

A kiss doesn't answer anything. You just have to figure out what you two are.

"I don't know..."

"Oh...Well, um, we're here, so, uh, maybe talk about it later?"

You give him a sweet smile. "No, it's okay. I don't think you're the best to talk about this stuff, anyways."

"Yeah, not really," He scratched the back of his head and looked away with an awkward smile. "You should go take some rest."

"Yeah, you should go, too. Although I don't think that's what I'll do when I walk inside." You mumbled.

"What?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing. We'll talk tomorrow, okay? Bye!"

You rushed inside your house before he had the chance to even wave you goodbye. Closing the door, the two people you were trying to avoid all day were sitting on the couch, waiting for you.