Chapter 19

You kind of knew it already, but Katsuki said he cares about you in front of your parents. Though, the way he said it didn't please your father—not that you blamed him with the way your father spoke to him—you thought it was really sweet. It puts a smile on your face for a couple of seconds.

Katsuki waited outside, as he promised he would, and your parents sat down next to your bed. "Well, that was a bit rude of your friend to say." he said.

"Let's leave that aside," your mother warned him. "We came here for another reason."

"I hope it's an explanation. And the truth." you said.

It's not that you weren't nervous to have this conversation with them, but you were glad Katsuki was there before them. He calmed you down and gave you some courage after what he said, before he left.

And it's not that you were not afraid to hear the truth. You were. But you needed to know everything. You were sick and tired of all this. The truth may hurt, but secrets and lies hurt even more. Especially if they are kept for so many years.

Your mother let out a sigh. "So, you know."

"I only know that both of you have been lying to me since day one," you said, trying to hold back your tears threatening to fall, and the knot in your neck that is barely letting you speak clearly. "And I deserve to know the truth. Don't you think so?"

"Yes, Y/n. We came here to tell you everything we have been keeping from you." your father said. "I guess, I should start from the very beginning."

Your heart began beating very fast. You were scared of what you were about to hear, but at the same time you didn't care. You were wondering if Katsuki was listening. You had no idea how long the conversation would take, so you weren't sure if you could tell him everything. That was if he wanted to hear about it.

Your father took a deep breath before he would start explaining everything. "God, where does the beginning even start?"

"Who are my real parents?" you thought of helping him a little by questioning him. After all, answers were what you wanted.

"Unfortunately, we don't know that, Y/n." your mother responded. "Before telling you anything about your life, you must know we cannot tell you the whole truth in order to protect you, but I will tell you who we are. Our real names are Konayagi Minori and Oda Ayaka. "

"Figures." you commented. That explains why you weren't able to find any information on them. "Of course, even your names are lies. But why can't you tell me everything? That's exactly what I want to know."

"Because we work for a covert government organization." That also explains why they would always ignore you every time you asked about their jobs. Guess, you have to get to know them all over again. The question is; can you trust them after the truth is revealed? "Which, for obvious reasons, we can't tell you about just yet. Our quirks aren't that special, but we can fight. Minori has a healing quirk whereas I have a mind reading one."

"Understandable. That's how you always knew stuff about me, I never told any of you." you weren't sure if you believed them or not. "Do you, at least, know who my brother is?"

They glanced at each other, giving away that they did know, but it didn't seem like they were going to tell you anything about him either.

"For now, we can only-"

You let out a big sigh and shook your head in a dissatisfied manner, along with a half smile. "For now this, we can't tell you that blah blah blah. What exactly did you come here for if you can't say shit to me, huh?!" They both lowered their gazes like a child when getting scolded about something it did wrong. It looked like they were feeling guilty, but they refuse to tell you the truth? Fuck that. "Do you even care about me?"