Chapter 34

Finally, after such a long time, it feels peaceful at home. You had breakfast with your parents like you used to everyday and had random conversations.

You felt safe and genuinely happy after all the sadness you went through. The only thing you are a little sad about now is Hina. Now that you know the whole truth about your lives, you want to help her remember again. Her real memories.

There is time for that later, though. A few days off were given to the students to recover from their injuries and even though you told Katsuki you were fine, Recovery Girl said your rib took minor damage. It's ironic because you joked about it being broken when Katsuki asked you if you were okay.

You texted Izuku the night before to inform him that you would go alone to school.

Well, in fact, you told him to go alone. You were planning on going with someone else.

"Good morning," You greeted Katsuki as he passed through U.A. 's gates. "Mind if we walk together?"

"Did the nerd ditch you?" He said, while walking towards you.

"No," You scoff lightly. "More like I ditched him..." You mumble.

"Hm?"

"Nothing! I, uh, said let's go in." You point with your thumb. He kept looking at your rib; the slightly injured one. The one he caused... "What, is my blazer dirty or some-"

"You dare fucking lie to me and joke about it again," He leaned close to your face and he was as serious as ever. "I'm going to kill you."

"How did you-"

"I asked Recovery Girl," He walked past you and you followed him. "Why do you think I stayed behind?"

Right...He didn't walk with you that day because he said there was something he needed to do and given that you were exhausted both physically and mentally, you didn't bother asking him any further questions and left with Izuku.

So, he didn't believe you when you said you were fine. Which was not a lie; you didn't feel that much pain on your rib in that moment, otherwise you wouldn't even joke about it being broken.

He really cares...but the reason you told Izuku to go alone today was to learn why. Seems Kastuki likes to get in class earlier than you thought, because he had already left when you rang his doorbell, so you basically ran to at least meet him outside.

Of course you weren't going to ask him directly. You just want to gather some hints.

You just wished the weather wouldn't be so gloomy and rainy.

"I didn't lie," You said. "I really didn't feel that bad after the match and I wouldn't joke about it, even if I did. Besides, it's just a minor injury. I'm sure she told you that, so why are you so worried?"

His face twitched; you could tell you put him in a corner. "Minor or not, I was the one who hurt you, bird brain."

"My question remains."

He stops and looks at you. "Why do you?"

He did not just put you in the corner instead. "Wh-What do you mean?"

He took a step closer. "Why do you care about me?"

All of the sudden the light rain sounded so heavy. Like the world was muted and the only thing audible was you two and the rain. It was so loud.

"Uh...I..." You bit your lip. "I just...do. I don't know why."

"You got your answer then."

He took a few steps ahead but you grabbed his arm. "What did you mean? When you said more than friends. What did you mean by that?"