Chapter 41

Time: 2 Years Ago

Location: Kyushu

I was enjoying the cool breeze of Spring at the top of a tower perch. I usually like to go, late at night. It had been a stressful day and no way I was staying at my house.

The sound of the wind had hypnotized me but not enough to not hear the sound of a girl crying in the middle of the night with what it heard like a suitcase. My eyes were also quick to pinpoint her; she was right below the tower.

I jump, flying to check on her because whatever's going on, it most certainly isn't good.

"What's a cute lady like yourself strolling in the dead of night?" Judging from her eyes, it seemed like she had been crying for at least an hour. I glance at her massive suitcase behind her. "With your life packed in a suitcase?" I try to joke but guess it wasn't the right time for that. She couldn't even speak because of her sobbing.

Damn, she looks really beautiful and a little younger than me; perhaps eighteen or nineteen. Looking at the whole situation and the fact that she is carrying all of her things in that suitcase, especially at this hour, I might know what happened to her. I take off my jacket and wrap it around her which calmed her down just a little.

"What's your name, young lady?" I ask her.

"I-Iwasaki...As-Asami..." Her voice was barely audible but thankfully I can catch a lot of things at the same time.

"Iwasaki. That's as beautiful as you," I smile, while I try to button up my jacket on her. "What happened to you?" She looked hesitant to tell me. It's only natural; you can't trust a stranger right off the bat. "My name is Hawks. I am a hero, Iwasaki, I can help you."

"Uh...I was..." She tries talking. "My parents...uh...they kicked me out." She sobs. "I have nowhere to go and I only have some of my clothes."

Fuck. My guess was she broke up with her boyfriend or something. Then again she's too young to be living with a guy and pack her stuff and leave.

"I see..." I say. "How old are you?"

"Police won't do much for me, Mr. Hawks, I am nineteen." She's sharp it seems but that wasn't necessarily what I was about to suggest to her. "And neither can you."

"I actually can," I reach my hand to her. "Come with me."

"Where are we going...?"

"There's a hotel nearby, I'll take you there."

She reached for my arm to stop me. "Oh, don't bother with it, I don't have any money to pay a ho-"

"Who said you are paying for it?"

"Wh-What? No, I can't let you-"

"Stop, I insist. I want to help you," I wrap my arms around her, carrying her and lifting her suitcase with my feathers, and take off towards the hotel. "I can't just leave a crying young lady walking all alone at night with nowhere to go."

"Mr. Hawks, you don't have to do this."

"Please drop the mister, I'm only 20," I say laughing a little. "And it's that I have to; I want to do this. That's my job, after all. I'm a hero, remember?" She bit her lower lip, clearly feeling guilty. I feel her slowly loosen a bit and hold me tighter, as I fly us to the hotel, which is a sign that she was getting more comfortable with me and it made me smile. "And here we are."

I set her down gently and walked in together. I tell her to wait for me as I book her the suite for two as a starter. Yeah, the suite. Part of me wanted to show off just a bit but they didn't have any rooms available for that long. After checking her in, I take her suitcase and signal her to follow me.