Chapter 37

"You all have your costumes, right?" Aizawa reminded us before each of us departed for the internships we chose. "Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything. Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships! That's all."

With that, all of you parted ways. You looked around for Izuku, so you could say bye to him before leaving for Kyushu along with Tokoyami.

"Izuku!" He was with Uraraka. "Remember not to mumble too much there, okay?" You teased him.

He smiled. "Yeah, don't worry about me."

"Y/n, where did you decide to go?" Uraraka asked, excitedly.

"Kyushu. I got an offer from Hawks."

"Really!? That's awesome!" She said.

"Hawks scouted you too, Nagata?" You turn your head to see Tokoyami next to you. "That's where I'm going, as well."

"For real? Good, at least I won't be alone." You checked the clock. "We should probably go. See you guys!"

"Bye!"

You were about to leave for the train, when you spotted Katsuki ahead. You told Tokoyami you'd catch up to him in a minute and ran to him. "You're not gonna say bye to me?"

"Why? It's not like it's the last time I'll see your face." You roll your eyes and giggle.

"Well, you're not seeing it for a long time either." You say, acting sad.

"Are you implying I'm gonna miss you?"

"You won't?"

He pauses knowing exactly what you're doing. You're not trying to force anything out of him, it's just a fun teasing him sometimes about it.

"I have to go, have fun in your internship, bye." He says, walking past you. You turn with a pout on your lips. "Don't do that."

"You're not even looking at me!"

"I don't need to look at you to know you're pouting like a kid."

You roll your eyes and leave to find Tokoyami.

Maybe Katsuki needs a few days apart from you. The atmosphere around you was never uneasy again after your discussion in the park. His attitude changed even more.

During class, he would do things he had never done before. For example, giving you a drink of water even if you didn't ask for one or bringing you the textbook you left on your desk. When you couldn't see the board properly, he'd hand you his notes to copy.

He would also walk you home sometimes without a reason and none of those times felt awkward.

They are all little things but putting every single one together, they're all things Katsuki doesn't do for anyone and that makes you happy in a way.

***

"Are you okay?" Tokoyami asked you. You just got off the plane, walking out of the airport. "Something seems to be troubling you ever since we got on the plane."

From your constant fidgeting, anyone could tell something is bothering you. "O-Oh, yeah, it's just that...Hawks is a hero that I kind of admire a little bit."

"Ah, so you're nervous that you're finally meeting him, huh?" He landed his hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be just fine."

"Thank you, Tokoyami," You smiled at him, caressing his hand. Come to think of it, you two have never really talked for more than minutes and that's only in class. Maybe this is also a chance to make another good friend. He may seem cold and distant but you had a feeling you two would be good friends.