Chapter 57

This is all my fault...

The mission I was sent to was indeed one I could not let anyone know. I was sent to trail someone called Giran; he's a broker guy fetching skillful and ambitious villains for the League and so he has all the information needed about its members.

Including my own sister. I'm still unsure about Hina's feelings towards me, so getting close to the League was immediately a no. She might as well sell me out because of anger; she didn't hesitate to punch the shit out of me that night.

She's capable of anything when it comes to people she loves. And she loved—probably still does—Touya with her whole heart. It's not something I expect her to just say "It's okay, I forgive you."

Giran was my only source for information and I did find him in the end. My orders were to capture him and hand him to the commission but he was never alone and it made my job quite difficult. That's why I had disappeared for so many days.

I worried my sister and Asami for me to just return and act like everything is normal. Asami almost lost it after the third day I was gone with no texts or calls to assure her I'm okay. I received a really nice slap for disappearing before a kiss with a tight hug because she got scared something had happened to me. I made her cry yet again.

After explaining everything to her, she told me about Y/n. I called while Asami wrapped her arms around my arm, resting her head on my shoulder. I was scared to hear her reaction since my girlfriend's wasn't so pleasant.

But...The last thing I expected was to end the call with her saying the word "villains." And that's when I connected the dots.

I overheard Giran talking to Dabi, one of the League's members, by hiding a feather in the inside of his jacket, asking him how things are going in the League.

"How do you like the League so far, Dabi?" Giran says.

Dabi stays silent for a few seconds before answering. "Is this really why you wanted to talk?"

"What else would I want?" He says with a chuckle. "I've heard you've become really friends with Medea, though. Or does she prefer Hina now?" Dabi must've given him a glare. "Woah, relax big guy. I'm just asking."

"Everything's fine." Sounded like a "shut up" answer. "The League is going to be a big help to reach my goal and since you, clearly, know what's going on, have a nice evening."

"Heh? You never told me anything about a goal."

"That's because it is none of your business, Giran." Dabi says nonchalantly.

"Dabi," Shigaraki enters the room. "Time to go. You better not fail this mission; I want that kid on our side. He'll be great for the League."

"What makes you think he's simply going to agree?" Dabi says, raising his voice. "He's a to-be hero, you know?"

"Then we'll give his quirk to a Nomu." Shigaraki says. "Now, go and don't come back empty handed."

"You have their location?"

"Master got it from a reliable source."

A mission...A kid–no, specifically a boy they want who is training to become a hero...And a location needed to find him...

They want a boy from U.A. which, according to Y/n, they are on a training camp in the woods. How could I be so stupid?

The League attacked the camp a day after I got all this information. I came back only because I got orders to return and leave Giran for now. I'm not sure why but it didn't bother me that much if it meant I could go back home sooner.