Chapter 58

The door opens after a knock and you see Todoroki coming in.

"Hey, Y/n," He says, taking a seat next to the bed. "How are your injuries?"

"They're okay," You're staring at the wall in front of you, with so many emotions mixed. "Is my br- err, Hawks outside?"

"Yeah," He says, glancing at the door. "He's here and the other one's are probably your parents. Hawks doesn't look good-"

"Did you need anything?" You interrupt him. "I'm sorry but I'm not in the best mood."

You're not trying to be rude but you have a lot on your plate right now and Todoroki isn't the person you're going to tell him your worries about.

"No, you're right," He sits up right, taking a deep breath in. "I wanted to ask you something. Sorry for bringing the memory back to you but when Bakugo was taken by the villain with the fire quirk..." He hesitates, looking at you like he's thinking what to say next. "You said...You said a name. Touya."

You have a really bad feeling about this. Things can't get more fucked up than they already are, can they?

"Y-Yeah, I...I did. Why?"

He rests his arms on his knees, biting his lip in nervousness which is making you more nervous every second spent in silence.

"How do you...How do you know that's his name?"

You can't tell him. What are you supposed to say? Anything you say requires your own backstory and as much as you hate your brother right now, you're not going to give information he has kept a secret for so long.

"Todoroki, why are you asking me this?" Avoiding the question is the best you can do.

"I have three siblings," He starts. "The eldest died years ago from an accident with his quirk." He pauses for a few seconds before continuing. "His name was Todoroki Touya."

Yes, things can get more fucked up. What in the fucking hell do you tell him? If Touya is actually Todoroki's older brother, you can't keep it from him. He has the right to know.

"I, uh...Okay. " You have to lie to him. "When I was a kid...I was taken by some people that trained us to become special heroes or something, I never really cared to know. I met Touya there but he died after a while."

You even said a part of the commission, you can't say more than this, it's too much already.

"He died? Then, how do you know he's Touya?" Good question. Very good question which you have no idea what to answer without giving away Hina. No, wait, there's something.

"Once I heard villains were attacking us, I ran to Kota to save him," You say. "I brought him back to the camp where Sensei was and Dabi was already there fighting him. I had a nickname back then; he addressed me with it."

"So-"

"Touya's alive." You know damn well Kei has heard all of this from outside. You had to give Todoroki answers, though. That's his brother and you know how it feels needing answers.

And that's exactly when he opens the door with disbelief written all over his face.

"I'm sorry but can you give us a moment, please?" It sounded more like an order than a favor. "I need to talk to her."

"Don't worry, I was about to leave," He stands up, giving you a last glance. "Thank you for telling me."

Great, now you feel guilt because that's half of the truth you told him. Kei moves to the side to let the boy pass and closes the door behind him quickly.