Chapter 43

One Week Ago

Location: LoV Hideout

"Medea!" Toga shoes reverberate up the stairs, tip toeing on the concrete. "Aw, Dabi isn't with you?" She says this with a sad face.

"Uh, no, I haven't even seen him today." Medea says, glancing at the girl over her shoulder.

"Ugh, he's probably hiding in a room then." She rolls her eyes, puffing her cheeks from frustration.

Medea raises an eyebrow, then frowns her face. Blinking a few times, she turns around to face Toga properly. "Why would he hide?" A chuckle escapes from her, leaning her elbows on the unstable railing.

"I have to dye his roots and he won't let anyone see them."

Medea joined the LoV a couple years ago. Dabi came after her but still, why is she now learning this information? "Dabi dyes his hair? Black isn't his natural color?"

"No, it's white!" A shiver ran down her spine, crawling all over her body. "And it's so pretty, I don't know he-" That information suddenly became a really important one.

"Woah, woah, time-out." She forms a T with her hands, interrupting Toga. "Dabi's natural color is...white?"

"Mhm." Well, isn't that interesting? "I'll go find him. Bye!"

"Wait!" Medea runs to her, grabbing her arm. "Uh...can you let me do it?"

"You want to dye his hair?" She asks, surprised, blinking a few times before shrugging her shoulders. "Okay. He always has the dye, so you only got to find him."

"Thanks." Medea pats her back, leaving quickly to search for Dabi.

White, huh? That is really interesting.

It reminded her of the snow coming through the window, kissing her skin softly. The sound of laughter filling the empty rooms she played in as a kid. And for one particular reason, it reminded her of someone's warmth whenever they felt each other's touch. A special someone's. The one person she ever felt happy to be with.

Her imagination might be going a little wild but she has to make sure because even if her theory is false, she still has a small glimpse of hope.

She must find out; who Dabi really is. She went to his room, even though Toga probably checked already but he was there.

"Can I come in?" He jumps a little, grabbing his hair to hide the roots out of reflex.

"I'm busy, I have to-"

"Dye your hair. I know," Medea walks inside, closing the door, making a creaking sound. "Toga told me and I came instead of her."

He relaxes his hands, letting them fall on each side and looks at her with an expression she can't clearly decipher. "You want to dye my hair?"

"Is there a problem?" She says, grabbing the box color and gets the hair dye ready. She rests her right hand on her chest and raises her left. "I swear I won't kill you."

"Oh, good, 'cause I was so worried about that." He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes, and sits on the chair, taking off his large jacket. Medea lets a giggle escape.

Mixing the chemicals together, she approaches him and starts dying his white roots. "I didn't know your natural color was white."

"You never asked."

"True," She says, tilting her head a little. "I think it suits you."

Dabi raises an eyebrow with Medea's current behavior. She never compliments anyone about anything, unless it benefits her. And he has an idea of what that benefit may be, since she found out his hair color.