Chapter 59

Location: HPSC

Time: After the hospital visit

Right after I dropped Asami at the hotel, I headed for the commission. The president wanted to see me, saying it's an emergency and the only emergency I can think of is Bakugo so hopefully it's about him.

I'm only two minutes in her office and she has only told me to wait, which is something I can't be doing right now. When the door opened after a knock, I understood what- or rather, who I was waiting for.

"Uh, you called us-" Ayaka and Minori.

"Yes, come inside." She stands up walking around the desk with her hands behind her back. "You three will be sent along with the heroes and the police who are taking part in the rescue operation for the U.A. student."

"I understand Hawks being there," Minori says, just as confused. "But what are we-"

"What you have been avoiding doing all this time." I try not to show my confusion, though I have zero idea of what they're talking about. "Take Medea. Or should I say, Takami Hina?"

Now it's time to act confused. I can't let her find out I've been in contact with Hina this whole time. I knew she wanted her; what I didn't know was that Y/n's parents were supposed to take her but I'm not letting her take either of my sisters back into that hell.

I have them both and we're so fucking close of being back together. The three of us. I will not let her take that away from us.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Cut it out, Hawks." The man right next to her office speaks. "You know exactly what we mean."

"Nope, no idea."

"Pretend all you like," She takes a few steps forward. "You'll have a different job, anyway." Let me guess; I have sharp ears and eyes, therefore I'll be sent to gain information on the League.

"Your first job will be to gather information on the League," First job?

"Your second," The man behind her says. "Will require you to get accepted by the League of Villains."

"Huh?" To say I am flabbergasted is an understatement. "Wait, I don't understand. You're making a search team, right? With Gran Torino and the rest investigating this case?"

"Where did you hear about that?" Ah, fuck I'm not supposed to know this.

"That's exactly why we want you, Hawks." The president says. "You have sharp eyes and ears."

"Right now, we are in a rush," He turns to look at me. "We have to prioritize the safety of the kidnapping victim. In order to stamp out dark organizations, we need a lot of information. Especially about the bioengineered human. If we don't learn everything we can about the League, then we will just keep making mistakes."

They can't actually be serious about this. Even if I accept—which in this case I don't really have a choice—Dabi, or rather Touya must certainly know about me. Unless Hina has manipulated his memories too, he surely remembers me and besides that, I'm a hero; it won't be easy to earn his trust.

And he's the person who almost burned my little sister alive. Does she really think I'll come face to face with that bitch and I'll be able to keep my rage inside?

And, I'm supposed to get Hina out of there. Now, I'm joining the League? More secrets I have to keep from my loved ones. Just great.

"So while I'm with them, you want me to just ignore the harm they cause?"