Chapter 39

It's been so long since you had the chance to fly this high- no, you're even higher than what you're used to. This view at night with a crystal clear sky. It's almost hypnotizing.

You're high above all the buildings so you decide to let go of his hand and roll on your back, admiring the stars. You should do this more often, it's relaxing you a little.

A million words were going in circles inside your head, trying to choose the correct ones to apologize properly to him. He probably noticed that because he grabbed your hand, squeezed it a little and gave you another smile.

Okay, what is going on? If he's doing all this for the USJ incident, you're leaving right now.

"I'm sorry, kid," You look at him like it's the first time you're seeing a human in your life. Him apologizing to you was the last thing you expected tonight. "I know sometimes I may seem like an asshole, carefree, arrogant even."

"Sometimes?"

He scoffs. "Fair."

"You should also apologize to Tokoyami."

"Don't worry, I already did and I told him the other reason why I asked for you."

"And what is that reason?"

"The last 30% was because I thought both of you were wasting your potential." Wasting our potential? That's a new one. "The sky is great, you know. You get a bird's-eye view of everything. You've never been this high in the sky?"

"I usually fly among the buildings or just a little higher than the rooftops."

"Why cage yourself like that?" He gently grabbed your shoulders, turning you around. "Look at this view."

He was right. You were mesmerized by the beauty of the city during night time. All the lights, the moon illuminating on you, everything made you feel at ease. Like nothing mattered in that moment.

"You thought we were wasting our potential?" You return back to your previous conversation.

"Think about all the heroes that put offers for you," He said, turning to look at you. "I'm not saying this to brag or anything, but was there anyone else that caught your eye, besides me, that you thought they'd train your quirk better?"

"Well, no but you're not training me. That's the issue."

"Aren't I?"

"What?"

He lets a breathy laugh out. "You've been so obsessed chasing after me the past three days, you didn't even realize, did you?"

"Realize what?"

"Y/n," He points between the two of you back and forth. "We're going at the same speed."

That was when reality hit you. Your hair was flying all around, your clothes were ruffling aggressively because of the wind. You didn't even notice he had let go of your hand until you looked around. You need to make sure.

You stopped abruptly and, holy heavens, he was right. Your jaw dropped the moment you saw Hawks fly so far away in a second, your eyes could barely spot him. He came back to you laughing and with his index closed your mouth.

"Told ya. I don't usually take that many cases at once but it was to make you faster and get Tokoyami to be a little creative with his little friend." He grabbed your hand again to guide you. "C'mon. There is a place I'd like to show you."

You smile with a nod and let him take you there. You landed on top of a skyscraper, where you could see all of Kyushu from there. The wind was now more gentle on your face, waving your hair lightly.