Chapter 24

After the movie we didn't want to bather Vance so we walked home. "So what did you think about it" I said asking Finny and Gwen. "LOVED IT thank you for taking us". They both said so happy. "Of couse now y'all are in middle school right" I said "yeah our school is combined" Finn said. "Oh ok I see well do y'all have a bed time". I asked "not really dad says we should be in bed when lights go out" Gwen said looking at me. "Ok well that's cool". I said then I saw the van it slowly drove passed us.

"Ok let's walk faster guys". I said and we speed walk the rest of the way home. Once we got there their dad wasn't home so I let them stay up a little longer. At 12:35 I told them to go get ready for bed and they did as asked. At 1:45 I saw lights pull in t to he drive way and heard laughter. They walked in the door drunk. "Oh hey Hunny wanna head home" he said drunkly. "Yeah sure I'll drive" I said and Mr.Blake gave me 80 bucks I took my dad into the car and put the keys in. We drove home and dad knocked pout as soon as I laid him in bed.

I went and took off my sweater and got ready for bed. I started drawing some stuff and at 3:56 I was tired so I knocked out. The next morning I got ready for the day. Took a shower did my hair and make up and choose an outfit (image below)

 Took a shower did my hair and make up and choose an outfit (image below)

I walked down stairs to my brother waiting at the bottom of the stairs. "What". I said not knowing why he was there. "Are you ready for work". He said "yeah let me grab my things". I said and I grabbed my bag which had everything. We walked out the door and headed to the restaurant. We opened in an hour but we had to clean and get everything ready. Once we got there we started to clean and get ready. At first it was slow but then more and more people came.

At 5:30 it was Vance's.Mary and Jackson's shift to come in. Mary showed up first and we talked while Jackson and Vance showed up together. "Hey get ready because rush hour is about to start". I said "how do you know when rush hour is". Vance said trying to be a smart ass. "Because it's almost Happy Hour and my family's owns it so do you wanna keep chit chatting or get paid Hopper". I said and he stayed quiet.

What was his problem like after the party he was different. When I said bye normally he would kiss my cheek but this time it was almost like he was tired of me. I went and started seating tables and more and more people started to come in. My brother was working at the bar when he made this new drink thing. It was called fireball. Now I know there is a liquor called fireball but Jax made this where when you poured fireball on the ice into the cut them lit it on fire it was flame up and you would have to wait for it to stop flaming to drink.

At 10:37 we started to close and clean up. I cleaned tow A and the others did row B-F of course i helped if needed. I headed to the back and took off my apron and dad was getting ready to pay us. We all went to the back and we got paid 578 dollars each. That was a shit lot. I was so happy. But then I noticed Vance wasn't being normal. And I was worried something happened. When Vance went to the locker room to get his bad I followed him. "You ok Vance" I said leaning on the lockers waiting for his response. "Yeah" he said not even looking at me.

"Are you sure beca-" I said before getting cut off by him. "Jade I said I'm fine". He said trying to wrap up his things. "No uh huh what the fuck is wrong with you like seriously after the party and the babysitting job you have been acting weird as hell what's the fucking problem". I said getting pissed off. "Fine here it is some how everyone in school knows we are dating and I didn't want that to happen because I don't want people
Knowing". He said looking pissed. "Are you fucking kidding me so your pissed because people are finding out he are a thing why are you so pissed people know I mean you told Emma's brother right so what did you expect plus why do you care it's like you still have feelings for someone and the only person I know of is Emma so tell me do you still have a thing for Emma". I said throwing my hands up in the air.

He stayed quite. "Hello do you". I asked starting to feel tears. He just stood there. "Wow ok you still have a thing for your fucking ex. Oh if you knew there was something still fucking there you should have never asked me to be your girlfriend so sincerely fuck you Vance". I said while a year rolled down my cheek and Vance looking at me. I walked to the door and tears just None stop started to fall. I started walking home when a car pulled up next to me, "jade get in the car" a voice said as I turned to see Vance, "why don't you go screw Emma I think she'll enjoy it. "Jay get in the car it's about to rain" he said hitting the wheel. "Why do you care so much now it's not like you ever fucking cared for me". I said still walking. "JADE GET IN THE DAMN CAR" he said starting to yell.

I was tired of yelling so I just got in. "Now jade can I talk". He said as I got in the car. "You had plenty of time to talk so go ahead" I said looking out the window. "Listen i DONT have feeling for Emma and I do have feeling for you the reason I was an asshole is because yes I was upset everyone knows because I wanted to keep it private" he said as I felt eyes on me. "Why do you wanna keep things private" I said "because I don't want people knowing we are a thing and people assuming we have sex all the time and the start making rumors about us because they mad". He said. I mean understandable but still. "I mean they wouldn't be wrong about the sex part". I said "whatever Jay it's just I don't want people to get in the way of things.

He said and I agreed we both apologized and he dropped me home. "K bye vance " I said and walked in the door and headed straight to my bed.

A/n
Hope y'all liked this one and thought it was ok. Since again sorry for not posting I have just been so busy with school and stuff with my life and family issues but I'll try and post more so see y'all soon love y'all and have a good day or night wherever you are in this world❤️❤️❤️