1. Call

Jaelyn POV

Beep Beep Beep ⏰
I shut down my alarm for the 5th time
"Ufff Rough night", I told myself.

"Jael wake up now" I could hear my cousin screaming from downstairs. God! I'm definitely not a morning person. Friday nights with my friends make me go crazy. Clubbing was a bad idea.

People around me know me as Ziva aka Ziva Hastings- the adoptive daughter of Mr and Mrs Martin rather than Jaelyn Richard as i have left that identity 9 years ago in New York. And now I am here with my cousin and her family in Sydney. Only my close family call me Jael. Sometimes that name sounds more alien to me.

Business is something that runs in our blood for generations. My Father is CEO of Rich Incorp which deals with chain of Restaurants and Resorts around the world whereas my brother takes care of his own Hospitals.

My life in Sydney is very simple. Me and my friends started a small event Management firm called "Bonheur" Though it was a rough start for us still we manage to do our best with it.

Why am I living a life away from New York? Does that make me happy to be away from my parents ? Well these questions run through my mind each and every day. I miss them but am i happy being here ? Yup !! I'm happy.

Well after being home schooled for 3years i got into University of Melbourne that's where I met my tribe - Jaden , Natalie and Riley . They were childhood friends. Trusting people was something i lacked at that time but soon everything changed and Now they are my lifelines ❤️

" Jael come down right now" I heard Danica shouting and thats my cue. I did my morning duties and wore a comfortable dress and left my room

Ziva's Dress

"Good morning everyone " i said as i seated down next to my uncle

"Good morning everyone " i said as i seated down next to my uncle. They all gave me a "are you serious right now?" look. I was confused and seeing my reaction Dani asked "Do you mean to say good noon?"

"Whaaatt.. It's noon . Oh my God how can it be noon when I'm awake just now" I asked myself
'Well the sun doesn't wait for you dear' my inner voice mocked at me. I just murmured a sorry and then started to eat.

While Eating i could feel three pairs of eyes focusing on me. 'Now what did I do'
I just looked at them and I could see my uncle struggling to make a conversation with me.
' well that's new, Uncle never struggles to express anything from his heart' my inner voice said and i agreed with her.

"Is everything fine Uncle ?" I asked him and with much hesitation he said "Jael have you received any call from your brother or from your parents yesterday?"
I thought for a while and checked my phone. I got 3 missed calls from Jaden in the morning and i have spoken to my Brother yesterday well mostly in my drunk state.

I looked back to my uncle and said "yes. I spoke to Will yesterday" He just glared at me and asked " And you don't have a problem with that ?"
Once again I met all three pairs of curious eyes. ' what are they even expecting me to say ; that I have no idea of what I spoke with him '

I cleared my thoughts and said " Oh don't worry uncle . We spoke about usual stuff and it's not like he is getting married or something" i let out a laugh to cover my embarassment. On my right i could sense Dani biting her lips to control her laugh

'Jael are we missing something here' my inner voice asked me again. I gave myself again some deep thought and then realisation struck me . My eyes went wide "Oh my God !! My Big Bro is really getting married "

***************************************
Please vote and share ❤️