45. Remembering Her

Third Person POV

It was almost dark, when she reached the place. This was the same place she hesitated to visit for a long time. She slowly walked through the cemetery. In few minutes, she found herself standing before a tombstone bearing the name
"Sarah Knight"

Her mind started to rewind. It all happened 9 years ago...

' Sarah and Jaelyn were more like soul sisters. They had a bond that made everyone jealous. Sometimes even their brothers.

Sarah Knight was known for her beauty and attractive looks. She always had that spell that makes everyone around her happy. Her beauty and money always attracted the peer students hence made her a popular sophomore. People could easily identify her as a queen bee with her minions around . The thing that created a powerfull aura around her was her family's background. She had excellent hacking skills which was unknown to her family and friends. This helped her to sneak around and learn about little mafia threats received from their rivals to her dad.

Sarah Knight- 16 years old

On the other hand, Jaelyn was a straight A student. The looks now she possess are mere changeover done by her cousin Danica after she decided to hide her identity. She used to be a chubby girl with black wavy hair , Hazel eyes and a little make up. Her interests were reading books, listening to music- Stormbreakers in particular. One can definitely judge her as a nerd by looking at her. But the truth is she was more than that. She developed her designing and planning skills when she enrolled herself in a Homecoming committee.

So what made these two extreme poles as best friends? If someone ask this question to them, they both would proudly say that they are best friends since birth. Adding little hotness to this duo is Xander Knight. Girls always fight for his attention as he was a hot and popular senior whereas Sarah and her family used to ship Xander and Jaelyn.

A week before the accident, Sarah and Jaelyn walked through their school halls as usual. That was the day, Sarah gifted Jaelyn the ring pendant.Even Xander was surprised by the gift he received from his baby sister. That evening since Sarah had a project work to complete, she left early with her lab partner while Xander was in his football practice. It was always Xander's job to drop both Sarah and Jaelyn home. So Jaelyn was waiting for him on the bleechers while doing her homework.

" Look who we have here." Came a voice. She could easily recognise that irritating voice.
" Brittany!! What do you want now? " she muttered under breath. Brittany was one of the minions that followed Sarah. A cheerleader. She had a crush on Xander. She always felt invisible when Jaelyn was around Sarah and Xander. So she hated her for the attention she gets from the Knight siblings.

" Oh.. we mean no harm Jaelyn. So when are you going to stop running behind Xander? Isn't it clear ? He is interested in me and not you " she said with a fake smile. Before she could answer her, she heard Xander's voice from a distance.
" Zee, wait for me. I'll be back in 15 minutes. Don't leave without me " Jaelyn saw Xander shouting at her from the middle of the ground.