13. Lucky Day

Jaelyn's POV

"Ash Industries" Peter informed us once we reached the place. We stood before a tall skyscraper bearing it's name. The building looked majestic. As we moved inside, I could see everyone busy with their work. We headed towards the reception.

There was a girl probably our age. She was busy with typing something on her laptop.

" Excuse me " I said

" Just a moment please " she said still having her eyes fixed on the screen.

After few minutes she looked back at us and gave a professional smile

" Yes, How can I help you? "

" Yeah. We are here to meet Ms Paige "

" Yes. Do you have an appointment? "

" No, But .. " before I could complete, Natalie said " Does she need an appointment to see her sister ? "

The receptionist gave a thought and said.
" Wait I'll just make a call and verify "

We gave her our names and she called Linda to inform her about our visit.

" Ms Paige is waiting for you both. Go straight , turn left and take the elevator. 40th floor ".

" Thank you uhmm.. ? " I said.

" Oh sorry. I'm Stacy "

" Yeah, Thank you Stacy . Good Day."

We both headed towards the elevator.

' What am I gonna say , will he get convinced. Yes he have to. It's not for my engagement, it's for his cousin's engagement right. He have to do it for Madison's sake.' I had my own inner thoughts.

' Ding.. 40th Floor ' That sound brought me out from my thoughts.

" Hi Linny, Long time.. God I missed you. " Natalie was practically running to her sister and giving her a tight hug.

" Hey Natie, How are you.. How is Mom and Dad " I could see happy tears from Linda.

" Hey Ziva, right? " She asked me while still hugging her sister.

" Yeah. How you doin ? "

I have met Linda once during our graduation. After that I didn't had the chance to meet her.

" I'm good. Well it's already 1:30 pm. Come let's have a lunch and talk. "

" Yeah , sounds good . I'm starving " Natalie said .

We had our lunch in some local restaurant near the company. We informed her about the purpose of the visit and also told her about the file.
We returned back and She asked me to go in on behalf of Richard's appointment.

There was a huge door with Golden Name plate. Mr. Asher Parker -CEO

I let out a breath and knocked his door for permission.

" May I come in? "

I heard a ' come in ' from inside .

As I entered , the room had the best interior works. The room was mostly of black shade.

" If you are done with your sightseeing, may I ask you who you are ? "

I came out from my thoughts and cleared my throat .

" Hello Mr Parker. My name is Ziva Hastings and I came here on behalf of Mr. Richard. He asked me to give you these blueprints. "

That's when he looked at me away from his files.

' wow, he looks so hot. Those green eyes are just hypnotizing. He is having a jet stream Hair. Who is this man . Jael he is so handsome and '

My thoughts were again cut down by his voice .

" Have we met before. " Now he stood right before me.

' wow.. he moves fast. Are you sure he is not a vampire? ' I again got snapped out from my thoughts when I heard his voice again

" Have we ? "

' Have we ? Certainly not. If I have met him before , how can I forget such a man !! '

" I asked you a question ? " He asked me again .

" What .. No .. we haven't " I said.

' Look his eyes are very attractive. Does he have a six pack ?? Maybe he does.

What is going on with me and my stupid mind. Stop thinking about him you pervert mind of mine.

Oh come on Jael , Don't you agree?

I agree , He is hot and handsome but .." Before I could continue my argument with my mind

" Place the file here and Get out " He said. He looked kind of frustrated.

' But he is Rude.. '

" Erm , Excuse me? " I asked him . I was quite confused .

" I said Leave " his voice boomed inside the room.

" But Mr.Parker, I have something important to talk to you. "

Before he could say anything, someone barged into the room. He looked tall and handsome.

' Today is your lucky day Jael. but he looks kinda familiar right? '

" Oops !! Am I disturbing you both ? " He asked with a mischievous grin .

" Not at all. Mr. Parker please give me a chance to explain."

" Give this beautiful woman a chance to talk dude. By the way I'm Jefferson Black. Are you new here? "

' That's Jefferson Black, The black love's owner , Today is definitely your lucky day Jael '

" Hello Mr Black. I'm Ziva Hastings. I came here on behalf of Ms Carter. " I said giving both of them a look.

" Keep talking, we are listening. " Mr Black said as all three of us walked outside the room now.

I saw Natalie standing there.

" Ms Carter is willing to have her Engagement Party and she likes to have it hosted in Black Love "

" I'm sorry, Black Love ? " Mr Parker asked me with disbelief. I gave him a nod . He murmured something under his breath which I couldn't hear .

He looked back at me and said
" You want my recommendation for that? "

" Yeah , That's all I need " I said with hope.

" Well Ms Hastings, He is here, you can deal it with him directly. And Jeff it's your decision man . It's for Madison. " He said to both of us and moved towards his private elevator.

I turned back to Mr Black and asked
" Soooo.. Mr Black? Um.. Can we get a date for the party in your Cruise"

" Yes.. you can. Only if she goes on a date with me " He said with a smirk on his face pointing towards Natalie who was still standing there with eyes wide.

' And here I thought today was my Lucky Day '

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️