8. Business

Asher's POV

" Mr Parker, It's time for your next meeting. He is waiting for you Sir." Linda informed me.

I just gave her a nod and left my room. This meeting is with Mr.Richard regarding the new project. Speaking of which, The Richards have been good friends of my parents as my dad and Mr Richard did their schooling together.

I was born and brought up in Seattle. Evie and myself, we grew up with our grandparents as my parents used to travel a lot for business. I still remember the day when my father got a heart attack for the first time. He was in New York and Mom was in Paris. We received a call that he got admitted in a hospital. That's when I moved from Seattle to New York to take care of him. I was 17 and soon my mom joined me here. We decided to settle down here as it was advised by doctors that it's not good for him to travel a lot.

I decided to continue my high school here that's where I met my Best Friend Jeff aka Jefferson Black. He is quite a player and CEO of Black Aviation and Shipping Corporation - one of the leading logistics Company in America. Earlier I got a call from him that he is back from London and will meet me in the evening.

In conference room

The meeting was almost over and we were wrapping up

The meeting was almost over and we were wrapping up. Mr Richard stood up and said

" Then it is finalized. We will work for your project. We will ask our best architects to have a plan ready and will send you the blue prints in few days. "

I just thanked him for his time and he informed me that he will start this project right after his son's wedding.He seemed to be in a rush as he completed our meeting earlier than expected. He kept on checking his phone once in a while.

' maybe some emergency ' I thought but he could have said that. I would have postponed the meeting.

' He is just being professional ' my inner voice replied

As we were walking out of the room , my father joined us.

" Leaving soon?? What's the rush ?? Richard?? " My father enquired

" Oh it's just a Family emergency. "

" Is everything okay?? Anyone not feeling well ?? " He asked with concern.

" Hahaha.. Everyone is doing great Rob. Sorry for making you worried my friend. It's just .. We have got someone back to home after a long time and i have to be there to receive this special person "

My dad gave him a nod with a ' I get it ' kind of look and then they both had a happy smile on their face.

' Are they mind linking now ? It's like they are having a conversation through their minds '

Not to be rude, I kept quiet for sometime and their mind link got cut by another phone call. He answered the call, i think it was from Mrs. Richard.

" Hello, Tanya ..
yes I'm on my way...
Are they ?? .
Ohh ok...
I'll be there in 10 minutes .
Ok Darling. See you soon. "

He looked at his watch for one more time and said. " Ok, Mr. Parker, it's a pleasure to do business with you. I'll see you soon with further updates on the project"

" Same Sir, thank you for accepting this. And also my apologies for not accepting your proposal the other day. I'm sorry I have my own reasons "

He looked at me confused, he was about to ask something. But got interrupted by my dad.

" Richard we can talk about other things later. We don't want you to be late any further. I'll call you later. "

" Yes, take care Rob and see you soon Mr. Parker "

With that he left.

' what was he going to ask me , Maybe another proposal?? '

And along with that another question kept lingering in my mind..

' who was this special person '

***************************************
Please vote
And share ❤️