36. One Roof

Jaelyn's POV

Last 24 hours has turned out to be a fairy tale in my life. Asher confessed his feelings for me. Now back to reality, I have a huge event to arrange. Natalie gave me the guests list in the morning so that I won't miss anything. The table was set and the maids are doing a wonderful job with the arrangements regarding the dinner.

So we will have the Campbells, Parkers, Carters, Knights, Blacks, Martins and Harts under one roof. Intresting..

' Uff... Hallelujah to that dinner ' I mentally rolled my eyes.

Matilda informed me that she will be here by 6pm in the evening. So I have an hour to get ready and check the arrangements one last time. Since I got busy with my work, I couldn't decide what to wear. My mom chose me a dress for me. I couldn't say No to her.

I took a quick shower and wore the dress with my matching gold toned heels

I took a quick shower and wore the dress with my matching gold toned heels. I came downstairs to check all the arrangements.

" Flower arrangements check, Dinner table arrangements check, Dining room lights and decoration check " I was going through everything while ticking the list in my notepad.

" te ves hermosa mi hija " I heard my mom's voice.
( you look beautiful my daughter)

" gracias mamá. es un vestido precioso" I said with a smile.
( Thank you mom. It's a lovely dress. )

" Ya.. I know. Now is everything okay here? " My mom asked inspecting around.

" Yup.. I checked it twice. Only the catering order is left out now. It will arrive shortly. " I said looking at my notepad.

" Hmm.. It's good to have you back here on a Thanksgiving. I missed you a lot. I'm happy as a family now " she said with happy smile.

" yo tambien mama. Pero por favor quédate callado sobre mi identidad. "
I replied in low whisper.
( Me too Mom. But please stay quiet about my identity )

" Uff.. why are making this a big deal Jael . We are family. You should be proud of it. Don't act like you belong to a family of criminals. " Now she started to argue. I looked around and urged her to be quiet. Though she spoke in a low voice I was scared that someone might hear our conversation.

" I know Mom. And I'm proud to be a part of the family. I missed these too. Still I enjoy the life I'm living now. No paparazzi, No rumours and gossip about my life. Don't you wish a peaceful life for me ? " I asked her.

" Ofcourse darling " she said grabbing my cheeks in her hands.

" Then I'm having one Mom. " I replied her with a small smile. Our little mom - daughter bonding time got interrupted by the ring of the door bell.

" I guess they are here.. I'll open the door " my mom said with a smile and moved towards the entrance.

After a while..