5. Dinner

Asher's POV

I was done for the day and was on my way back to the elevator I saw Ms. Paige still working. Next few days are going to be tiring for my workers as I'm going to sign few important deals with Rich Incorp. We still had lot of work to do before the deal is signed off.

We are having a new resort constructed in Miami and Rich Incorp is going to help us with it. Hotel and Resort management is something new to my company as we mostly deal with casinos and clubs.

I promised my parents that I'll have dinner with them tonight so now I'm on my way back to home. For past two months i have been traveling around so I couldn't spend proper time with them. I even missed my sister's graduation. I know I'm becoming workaholic. That's Why I thought of going to Miami a week before maddy's wedding. I definitely need a vacation.

Once I reached home the door was opened by Maria. She used to be my nanny more like a second mother to me but now she is the head of maids in the house

 She used to be my nanny more like a second mother to me but now she is the head of maids in the house

" Hi Maria. How are you?" I asked her with a hug and she said she is doing great.

"Mom, I'm home" I informed her as I entered the living room. My mom Natasha Parker is a famous fashion designer. She has her own wide range of clothing collection under the brand name "Tasha" . I even heard recently she designed few dresses for Met Gala.

" Ash darling, you finally remembered your way back to home??" Yeah she can be dramatic sometimes. I gave her a hug and enquired about dad. She informed me that dad is waiting for me in his office upstairs. She said he wants to talk about something regarding business.

I went upstairs and found my dad. " Hey Ash, how are you doing my boy?" He gave me a warm hug .

" Yeah dad I'm doing good. Just waiting for the deal to get signed. " I responded breaking my hug.

" Yeah about the deal, I had a word with Richard. He is happy and he will meet you soon but.. "

"But what dad?? " I asked him

"He wants you to meet his Daughter Jaelyn, so that you can get along during this wedding. And if possible go on a date with her and try to know her.. you know things like that "

' What is he talking about? '

As I was thinking he continued " Let me get this straight boy, He wants you to marry his daughter only if you wish and it's not a deal or compulsion."

" No way .. No way I'm gonna marry that spoiled brat. Whether it's a deal or not I will never marry someone like her. Even you heard about her dad. " I looked frustrated.

" Ash calm down. No one is compelling you to do it. I'll have a talk with him about this and keep in mind it was just an idea from their family and nothing to do with the deal" he gave me a smile.

We heard a knock on the door and Maria informed us that the dinner is served.

We sat for dinner and I couldn't find my sister around. " So where is Evie Mom?"
My mom said that she has her fashion show tommorow in Milan. She will return back by this weekend. She just followed the footprints of my mom into fashion world and now she is one of the top models for her company. I'm really proud of her.

Dad cleared his throat and spoke
" So Ash, Is there a special girl or a guy in your life now?? " He sounded seriously.

' Isn't that suppose to be a joke; then why he looks very serious?'

I mean I have dated few modals and girls from my college before. But I never been in a serious relationships. I had a crush once during my high school days. Other than that I rarely had hook-ups or one night things.

" No Dad . There is no girl and definitely no guy in my life currently" I replied to him and I could hear my mom chuckling beside me.

" So are you planning to stay single for how long " now it was my mom's turn to question me.

" No.. it's just that I haven't met the right girl. I want to get married for love and not for money or fame "

Yeah . I wish to get married to a girl who loves me for who I am. I have everything money, nice place to stay , kind parents and not to mention good looks. Now I need to find my girl who loves me as a person and not as a billionaire.

The people I dated before were with me for one thing either it was for money , fame or for my looks. I don't want a gold digger to be my better half. And marrying a billionaire's daughter is always seen as a deal or as a trophy wife in business world. I don't want that either.

I wanna find a girl who is immune to money and fame. I want someone normal but special only for me.

'A simple girl leading a normal life.. where will she be? '
***************************************
Please vote
And share ❤️