27. Beautiful Stranger

Jaelyn's POV

I ran away from his place.
I ran away from him.
I have to be away from him. What have I done. I got inside the cab.

" Where to Mam ? "

" Central Park " I said looking at my watch. It was around 8:30pm.

' why did you ran away? '

' I'm scared. He might leave me. '

' It was just a kiss idiot. '

' It was my first kiss.'

' Yes .. You got your kiss from Asher Parker, One of the hottest men in New York City and you ran away from him'

' But I.. I.. I can't have feelings for him '

' feelings? '

' yeah feelings.. I have to return back to Sydney soon after the wedding. My life is not here. '

' okay.. Why don't you share this with him '

' yeah right ... Think about his reaction when he comes to know that I'm fake '

' He will not hate you. And you are not fake. '

' yeah sure.. I pretend to be someone '

My inner thoughts got interrupted by sudden halt of the car. I paid for the cab and got down. I walked inside the park and found a bench under the tree.

 I walked inside the park and found a bench under the tree

This place used to be my think spot. I used to come here back in those days. I remember that I even came once after that incident.

' Okay now.. Focus Ziva .. What are you going to do about the Haziel situation '

' I can avoid him '

' Not possible.. He will be there. He is Madison's cousin more like a brother to her. '

' I can't run away from the whole wedding planning thing.. May be I can explain him '

' Explain what ? That you are a crazy girl who ran away from him on a first date. '

' oh . Shut up Mindy '

' Mindy ?? Now I got a name uh? '

' yeah .. I'll let him know that things will not work out between us. It's better to be away than breaking hearts ' My thoughts got interrupted by someone. I looked at the person who was standing infront of me.

" Can I sit here ? " She asked me. She looked very beautiful and sophisticated. What does a woman like her doing here ?Not to be rude, her accessories and looks screamed money yet she was alone in a public park.

" Yes.." I said with a small smile

" Thank you.. I'm Natasha.. " she extended her hand.

" Ziva.. nice to meet you mam. "

" Oh Darling... Please call me Natasha " she said with a smile. I gave her a nod.

We kept quiet for sometime. We both were looking at the view infront of us. Some kids were playing around.

" If you don't mind me asking dear, why are you upset " she asked me.

" I'm .. I just ran away from someone I have feelings for " I told her looking at the kids. I have no idea why I'm sharing something personal with a stranger. But right now I need this.

" Are you afraid that he will break your heart " She asked me.

" Quite opposite.. I'm afraid that I'll break him down " I told her. I felt comfortable with her.

She let out a small laugh and continued
" That's what Robert used to say "

" Hmm.. Robert ? "

" My husband.. He used to say when someone says that he /she doesn't want to break someone else heart, then there is lot of love for that particular person " she said with a smile

" But My mistakes.. My past .. " Hot tears ran down my cheeks when old memories started to run inside my head. She gave me a hug and consoled me.

" You know right, sooner or later we have all got to let go of our past " she said while still hugging me. I just wiped my tears and said " I'm trying.. I'm trying to live normal "

" Well dear try harder.. Someday you will be someone's miracle " she said with a smile.

" Thank you.. I'm sorry.. I bored you with my story."

" Not at all.. I used to come to this bench. This place is something close to my heart. Place where my husband got his rebirth, I learnt the importance of my family" she smiled as if she is remembering her memory of the place.

" I saw you sitting here alone. I saw myself from the past. That's why I came to you. " She again said with a smile

We spoke again for quite sometime. Soon it was around 10 pm.

" Ok Ziva, I'm glad to meet you again. It's getting late. This place can be dangerous at late hours. Come let me drop you. "

" Thank you Natasha. Please I'll get a cab. My place is far from here. " I said and we started to walk from the park. I hired a cab for me and we bid our goodbyes.

" Ok.. Hope to meet you again. Bye Ziva. And Remember what I said Let go of the past "

I just gave her a smile and a nod. Got inside my cab. As the city lights got brighter and brighter.. my mind was just thinking only one thing ..

' Let go of the past- but why am I finding it hard to do that.'

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️