48. Teardrops

Jaelyn's POV

I'm lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling... That's what I have been doing for past few hours. I once again checked my phone.

' 187 unread messages '

' 300 followers and 1578 people commented on your photo '

It's been two days .. My social media account is piled up with messages and comments from fellow netizens. Overnight media and people made me a celebrity with the breaking news.I even got an official tick for my social media accounts.

Still No message or call from him. I tried to contact him but all went to his voicemail. He has all rights to be mad at me. Dad suggested me not to go out for few days as reporters are swamed around our house. Natalie and Riley are staying in our guest house.They haven't spoke to me yet. Jaden decided to stay with them, more like trying to convince them.

' This is all my fault. Everyone around me hates me. My presence ruined everything here. ' my mind kept blaming for the mistake I did in the past.

Soon my thoughts got interrupted by a knock on my door.

" Just go away.. " I sighed.

" So you are alive ? " I heard his voice from other side of the door.

" Why are you here Xander ? " I asked him getting up from my bed. He opened the door , came inside and took a seat beside me on my bed.

" Zee... Cheer up.. This is not new for you." He said calmly.

" That's the point Xander.. I returned back after 9 years. Still nothing has changed " I burst out.

There was a complete silence in the room.

" I .. I wanna talk to Asher. I need to explain everything to him. " I blurted out once again.

He just gave a nod and took his phone and dialled someone.

" Hello.. This is Alex . Where is he ? " He asked in a bossy tone.
I could hear someone speaking from the other end. Is that .. Jefferson?
"Jeff... Don't test my patience.. where is he? " Xander asked once again.
" Alright .. thanks " he cut his call and looked at me. I just raised my eye brow.

" Get ready . We gonna meet Asher. " He said while standing up.
" But.. Dad said not to go out..." I said. He said he will inform. I hesitated for a second but then I really want to meet Asher. I missed him. Soon I got ready and we both got inside the car and he started to drive towards Asher's penthouse.

As we reached his penthouse, the security guards outside asked for our details.

" Inform Mr Parker that Alexander Knight is here to meet him. " Xander said. The guard look alarmed once he heard Xander's name. Soon the guard asked us to drive inside.

" Go .. Meet him. I'll wait here. He will forgive you. " Xander said with confidence.

" How are you so sure? " I asked him .

" Because he loves you. " Xander smiled. I just gave him a quick hug and got out of the car. I made my way towards the elevator and reached his floor.

With little hesitation, I gave a knock on the door and after few minutes, Asher opened it. He looked tired and had bags under his eyes, and I could smell alcohol on him. He looked shocked as he was expecting Xander and not me. I found happiness in his eyes for a second but soon he masked it up.

" Why are you here. " He asked me in an angry tone which made me to flinch.
" Asher.. I .. I.. " I was scared to talk to him. He just moved inside. I just followed him.

I just stood there and looked around..

His living room had broken glass pieces scattered around and few empty alcohol bottles. I immediately looked at his hand. He had a cotton cloth wrapped around it. .

As he sensed my look, he also looked at his hand. After few seconds, he cleared his throat.

" So .. Why are you here Miss Richard? " He asked me once again by taking a seat before me.

" I'm sorry.. I came here to apologise for hiding my identity. I never intended to.. " He never allowed me to complete it.

" Oh.. So what else were your intentions?" He asked me in a calm voice.

" I was scared to face everyone Asher. Everyone blamed me for Sarah's death. I found myself guilty. That's why I chose to live a normal life away from my family. No other intentions" I said while tears started to flow.

" Then what about the Proposal? " He asked me while sipping his drink.

' uh? What Proposal? What is he taking about '

" What Proposal are you talking about? " I asked him with a confused look.

" The Fucking Wedding Proposal from your Father. Damn it " he just erupted by throwing his glass against the wall. I flinched by the sudden noise.

" I have no idea what you are talking about " I said moving away from him.

" Do I look like a fool ? You decieved me once with your lies. Are you trying to do that again? " he asked with so much hate.

" Asher.. listen to me.. let me explain everything. I.. I.. " I started to explain everything to him. But he never gave me a chance to speak.

" Do you know how much I love you that it hurts when I see you standing there crying? Do you have any idea about it? How could you? How could you break my heart with all these lies.? " He broke down before me. I moved towards him. I tried to hug him. I felt a pain in my heart by seeing him like this.

" Get out.. Get out of my sight and out of my life" he said moving away from me.

" Wha... What ? " I whispered. My eyes got blurred because of the tears.

" Go away ... Jaelyn " He said and walked out of the room. Those words broke my heart.

After a while, I came downstairs and saw it was raining.I just stood before his building and looked up with tears in my eyes, only to see the empty windows of his penthouse.

' Stupid Ziva.! You deserve this for hiding the truth.. ' My mind mocked .

With disappointment,I got inside the car and Xander started to drive away.

" Hey Zee... Wanna talk about it " he asked me after a while. I just shook my head.

" He still cares... Don't worry. Give him some time. He will be back. " He said with a light smile.

I just closed my eyes, as my thoughts drifted me away..

' He cares ? Why am I finding it hard to believe now ? '

**************************************
Please Vote
And Share
Happy New Year 2023 ❤️