40. Capo

Jaelyn's POV

I heard a faint sound around me. I felt like I was lying on a warm bed of marshmallows. It was soft, warm and comfortable. I tried to open my eyes but at first the light in the room was so bright so I closed my eyes. Then it took me few more minutes to open my eyes and adjust to it. I looked around and found myself in a huge room.

" Finally you are awake. How are you feeling now? " I heard someone. I looked around and saw a lady.

' who is she and where am I ? '

" I'm good. Where am I ? " I asked her trying to get up from the bed.

" Woah.. Easy there. I'm Doctor Melanie. Let me check your vitals first." She said while taking my hand.

Soon I saw a familiar person barging inside the room with another man behind him.

' Jaden '

" Hey Ziva.. how are you now? " He asked me with concern.

" Yeah .. I'm fine. I just had a weird dream about few men chasing me with guns. One even tried to kill me. You.. You were there too... You shot that guy. I know you suck at shooting games still I have to say, you did a pretty good job while shooting him. Hahaha.. " I started to laugh. I remembered him missing all the targets when we went for a country fair while Natalie did a good job with it.

Jaden and Doc looked at each other and then they looked at me as if I was talking some crazy shit. I looked at the man near Jaden. He was tall, well built and young. Probably in his mid 20's . He was trying to control his laugh. Then my eyes moved towards his waist. He had a gun in his holster. My eyes widened. Everything came to sense then. That was not a dream.

" Holy Smokes.. you killed someone. Jaden, If this is some kinda prank you pulled for your stupid vlog, then I'm going to kick your stupid ass " I threatened him. He just shook his head saying No. My hands started to shake as fear engulfed me slowly.

" Are you some sort of street fighter ? I .. I.. Jaden ... Please.. Don't ki.. kill.. me" I started to stutter. He just gave me a guilty look.

" Ziva.. You are safe here. Don't be afraid. It's just me. Please. I'm sorry " he said with pleading eyes. He tried to take my hand but I moved away from him.

" How long was I out? Where am I ? Who are those guys? Why are they trying to kill me? " I asked him angrily.

" Ziva. It's been 3 hours. You are in a safe place now. I don't know who those guys are and why they tried to kill you. But we will track them down soon " He said.

" Mr Irvin. She is fine now. Let her rest for few hours. If there is any problem, give me a call " Doctor said to him to which he just gave a nod. She left the room.

' Irvin? He is not Jaden. What the hell is happening here? '

" You are Irvin ? Not Jaden ? Oh my God.. you lied to me this entire time. Who are you ? " I asked him bit louder now.

" Well... She is bossy.. what happened to that cute, shy girl from the past. My grandson was right, you are a beautiful and a feisty woman. " I heard another voice. I saw an old man, entering the room with a walking stick and a hat.

' Who is he. He looks quite familiar but I couldn't remember him. Is he the Capo? '

" Excuse me Sir, Do I know you? " I asked him. He just gave me a chuckle.

" I'm little sad that you called me sir. Those days it used to be grandpa. To answer your questions, yes you know me. And his name is Jaden. That's how our family calls him. Irvin is his official name " he said.