33. Chance

Asher's POV

' Ziva is here in my mom's office '

I could see a wave of shock in her face as soon as she saw me. She looked as if she saw some ghost. But it's quite natural right? Even I'm shocked to see her in my mom's office. It's been two days since we had our last encounter.

" Asher.. I have some work left here. Can you wait for few more minutes? " My mom's voice broke my chain of thoughts.

"Uhmm.. Sure " I said and sat in a sofa. She just gave a smile and got back to their discussion. By their talks I figured out that they are here for Madison's wedding dress. Not to look like a weirdo, I sat down and started to go through my phone.

" So that's it. I'm already working on your wedding dress madie, so don't worry about it. Meanwhile you can choose your dress for engagement party and reception. I'll just ask one of my workers to accompany you girls to that floor. But before that why don't girls join us for lunch? How about a korean food? " Mom asked them while wrapping up the discussion.

" We would love to." Madison said with a huge smile. I looked at Ziva,who was already looking at me.

' Why am I feeling like this, I barely know her yet I'm having a strong attraction for her.'

Soon we reached a Korean restaurant near by. Mom has an addiction to Korean food. She likes to have spicy foods.

" I hope you like Korean Food !! " She asked the girls. They just gave her a nod with a smile. I sat down between mom and Ziva.

" So Ziva, Have you figured it out? " Mom asked her while eating her kimbaps

" What ? " She asked her.
" With the boy, Have you figured it out" My mom asked once again.
I could hear her muttering something under her breath.
" What boy ? " Now that was Natalie's voice.

' Exactly!! What boy ? ' I looked at her for answers.

" Uhm.. it's nothing Natalie. I haven't figured it out yet. It's quite complicated." Ziva replied. Trust me, her eyes met mine, as she replied.

" Oh Dear... That's a good news for me, because I know someone. He will be quite interested to know more about you. " My mom said with a smile.

' What the hell. When did my mom switched her job from designer to match maker? '

" Stop it mom. Ziva is here for a job purpose. So don't.. " I bursted out. Even Madison and Natalie stopped their chit chats. I felt like everyone's attention was on me.

" I mean .. She is a busy person. Is this how you treat your clients ? That's unprofessional mom." I told her clearing my throat. She looked at me with disbelief.

" Unbelievable.. I know she is a busy person.I won't waste her time if it's not worth it. And she is not my client. She is Madison's friend. She is family." She emphasized.

" Mom.. " I got interrupted by Ziva.

" It's okay Mr Parker.. I would like to meet him Natasha. And thank you. " She said with a smile.

" Great.. See Ash. Problem solved " my mom said with a smirk. I looked at ziva but she was zoned out with her own thoughts. Soon she got a call from someone. I couldn't find who it was, but I understood it was something related to her job.

" I'm sorry guys. I need to leave now. The catering service we booked has some problem to get sorted out. It was good to meet you Natasha. I loved the food. Thank you so much. And Natalie stay with Madie to choose her dress for the engagement. Call me as soon as you reach home." She said while looking at us.

" What about you Ziv. Do you have a ride back home? Do you need some help? " Natalie asked her.
" Oh. I'll get a cab. Don't worry. Complete the dress shopping today. We are already running out of time. Don't postpone. " She said more like a warning to both of them.

" No.. Asher will give you a ride. He will help you with your work today. Afterall it's his cousin's engagement. " My mom said in an assured tone.

" It's ok Natasha. I can manage it myself. I'll take a cab. Please don't bother him. " Ziva said looking at me.

" I'm not taking a no from you Ziva. You have already turned down my offer once when we were in the park. That's not gonna happen again. Ash will drive you. Please accept it " my mom gave her the best puppy dog eyes.

' what the hell is wrong with her. She definitely acts strange. Ok.. I get it ,she likes Ziva. But can't she just ask if it's ok for me to drop ziva ? What if I had an appointment or meeting? It's true that I'll cancel anything when it comes to spend my time with Ziva. But still .. mom acts as if I'm invisible. '

" If it's okay with him.. He can accompany me. " Ziva said with a small smile.

" Oh dear. He has his time. Remember he is the boss for his business. So Ash .. Will you drive Ziva to the caterer. Help her with the work and drop her home. " My mom said more like an order.

" Aye Aye. Captain. " I just gave her a salute with a smile. I may be the boss for my business. But mom beats me easily with her bossy instincts. Everyone gave a laugh. Ziva said she will wait outside for me.

I got up from my chair and was about to leave, that's when my mom pulled my hand and lowered me.
" I bought you a chance. Try not to ruin it again. Try to know her heart." My mom whispered in my ears. I was taken aback. So she knew about it. But how...
" How.. " I asked her raising my eyebrow.
" I'm your mother. Don't forget that. Now go on. " She said with a wink.
I gave her a boyish grin and left the place.

' That's right .. That's all I need. A Chance. To confess '

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️