2. Invite

Asher's POV

" Excuse me Mr.Parker, May I come in " I could hear my assistant's voice outside the door. I'm Asher Haziel- CEO of Ash Industries. I voiced her to come in . Linda came in with the files needed for my next meeting . Linda has been working in my company for past 2 years. Unlike my other assistants who worked here before she is very organized and professional towards her work.

 Unlike my other assistants who worked here before she is very organized and professional towards her work

Linda Paige- 29 year old
Assistant of Asher

" Thank you Ms Paige , Please set the conference room for the meeting and I'll join them in 10 minutes" I said to her while i was going through the files. I could feel her gaze on me so I looked away from the files and asked her raising my eyebrow " Is there a problem?" She took few seconds to regain her composure. Yeah I could sound scary sometimes. Then she replied " Sir Ms Carter has been waiting to meet you outside".

'Madison is here. What is she doing in New York? I thought she was spending her time in Paris." My inner thoughts were interrupted by sudden opening of door with a bang . ' well she is definitely here now'

" Why are you not picking up my calls Ash" I could sense her anger in her voice. I gave Linda a nod so that she can leave the room. " Good morning to you too my favourite cousin , So how are you doing?? " I gave her a sarcastic smile. She has been calling me for past few days and I couldn't get time to pick her calls because of my work . " Sorry Maddy I was quite busy with my work" I gave her an apologetic look.

She just sighed and started to look for something in her bag. ' Maybe a gun to shoot you for dodging her calls' my inner voice mocked. "Don't get too much busy Ash, spare some time for our special day" while saying she gave me an invitation. I looked back at her quite confused and that's when she gave her thousand watts smile and said " I'm getting Married Ash, The date is set . It's in 3 months from now"

I looked at the invite in my hand again and stayed blank only then I realised she is really getting married

I looked at the invite in my hand again and stayed blank only then I realised she is really getting married. " Oh" that's all i could say. " Oh? That's the best you can give for the news. Aren't you happy for me?" she asked.

" No Maddy I'm happy for you and also shocked. Congratulations for the wedding !! So finally your Doc gave his appointment to marry you huh?? " I gave her a hug and she already had her happy tears.

Maddy and Will were high school sweethearts. They were together for a long time and chose to have their own field of working. Uncle Carter runs one of the leading law firms in America. And to be said Madison does pretty good job as my company's legal advisor.

" So Miami huh?? " I asked her. She just let out a small smile and said " you know about me Ash. I always loved beaches. So you will be coming right??" She asked me with hope in her eyes. I just smiled at her and said " Don't Worry I'll be there for a week . You know I will never miss your wedding for the world. And that's a Promise "

She left the office after bragging about her wedding preparations and something about hiring an event manager from Sydney.

'This girl is getting spoilt by her fiance, I mean who hires a wedding planner from Sydney for a wedding held in Florida. ' my inner voice said. Then again look at her, she is happy so everything is fine and she deserves it.

I again got back to my work and also informed Linda to clear my schedule for that week. But one thing kept running in my mind ' Things are gonna be different after my trip to Miami'

***************************************
Please vote
And Share ❤️