21. Stress Buster

Jaelyn's POV

" Ziva, we are here." Peter's voice broke my memories. " Brantford High School " I said in a hushed tone. I looked around for the cafe and found it across the road. Once I entered, I saw her sitting near the window. I walked towards her.

" Dani ... "

" Jael.. you are here.. " she looked nervous.

" Yeah.. " I said taking a seat opposite to her.

" Is anything wrong ? Where were you last night ? " I asked her again. She just stared outside. I could feel that something is not right.

" I met someone yesterday night. I don't know who he is. He was really handsome and quite a charmer. We flirted. We had drinks. We had good time together. I was never been attracted to someone like this Jael. We spent our night together in his house. I woke up early today, while he was in sound sleep. So I thought of giving a call to grandma to inform her that I'll be back soon. While searching for my phone, I found a gun. His gun. Inside the night stand . I got panicked. I just.. just collected my things and ran from his place. I couldn't find my way so hired a cab and reached here. " she said looking at me.

" So let me be clear about this. You had sex with a stranger. You don't know his name or what he does. You saw a gun in his room and got scared that he might be a bad guy. So you ran away from his place while he was still sleeping. " I asked her once again, summarising what she said .

" Yes. He doesn't know my name either. I guess. "

" You guess? " I asked her raising an eyebrow.

" Oh.. God .. Jael come on. I was too drunk to remember little details. I remember his face. He lives in a penthouse. So probably rich. "

" Ok.. calm down. It's just an one night thing. Forget it. Now come on let's go home. "

" He won't .. I mean he won't look for me right ? " She asked me.

" Why would he look for you? "

" Jael .. Are you on a right mind now? I ditched someone after having a memorable night together. "

" Do you wanna go and meet him again.? I can drop you in his house. " I asked her again.

" No.. Never. " She said immediately.

" Then it's settled. Come on girl.. let's go home. William was asking for you. " We both left the cafe.

That Afternoon..
I'm just nervous to meet him.
' Jael he was your friend back then. Then why are you panicking? '

' yup.. he was.. past tense. I still remember that look from him when we met last time. It had sorrow, anger and pity . First time, I couldn't read what was in his mind'

' you are troubling yourself a lot. Relax ' though my mind was comforting me, I couldn't relax. Thinking of meeting him after years, brings chills down my spine.
Soon my thoughts cut down by a phone call. Another unknown number.. Great.

" Hello" I said. I heard a hello from the other end. His voice. I recognised it immediately. The voice that makes me excited. I don't know why or how but hearing his voice made my heart flutter and my mind relaxed.

" Asher " I said more like a statement. I was surprised by his call.

' Oh.. what happened to Hazi ? ' my mind reminded me that I called him with that name.

" Yeah and I would have preferred Hazi " I couldn't believe it. He remembers everything. He prefers me to call him by that name.

' He was not drunk . It was you idiot who got drunk yesterday. Ofcourse he remembers everything. ' my mind mocked me again.

I apologized to him for my behaviour yesterday. He said that he got my number from Madison. He also asked me that if we could meet today.

' Say yes.. you are free always ' my mind said but I have to sort out few things with someone else first. So I asked him if it is ok for him to meet me tommorow for dinner.

' Yeah Good luck with that, only if you will see the dawn tommorow after tonight's catch up. '

' oh shut down stupid Brain '

It's Sunday tomorrow so he would be free I guess. He accepted it and would come to pick me at 7. Seven is always a perfect number for me.

My mind was stressed thinking about evening. One call from Hazi made my day bright. When he was about to cut the call , I called out his name again.

" Mmm? " Is all I could hear. Even this gave butterflies inside me. This guy definitely have some impact over me.

" I'm really happy that you called me. It made my day better" I said . It was true. From morning I'm struggling with my mind regarding the evening meeting.

"Me too" I heard him . I was happy that he is feeling the same way like I did.

" Okay then. Bye. Have a good day "

' Have a good day? Really? Is that all you can say. ' My mind said . Oh come on. What am I suppose to say. Call me often ?
That's when his husky voice broke all my thoughts.

" Oh I'm having one Ziva " he said huskily. That's it. I blushed like a teenager. This guy will be the death to me.

I went to Natalie's room and saw her getting ready for her date with Jefferson. I told her that I'm going out to meet the florist for the engagement party.

I came back to my room. Got ready to meet my old friend. Thinking Hazi put a smile on my face. I couldn't stop playing the conversation we had over phone .

' Enough now. Let's get prepared for the worst '
***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️