20. Smile

Asher's POV

"Just Call her man ... " I heard Jeff's voice from the other side of the phone. It's Saturday Morning. I was in my penthouse, while I got a call from him regarding my meeting with one of his clients in the evening.

" Call her.. Call her and say what? I don't even have her number. " I said him.

" That's easy .. I can ask Natalie or Madie for her number. " He said.

" Ya right ... Hold on for a second." I got interrupted by Gladis. She is the maid in charge. She is 50 years old, very caring and loyal. She takes care of my penthouse.

" Gladis.. !? " I asked her raising my eyebrow.

" Asher.. It's Miss Campbell. She is here to meet you. " Gladis said rolling her eyes.

I signalled her to wait for a second and spoke to Jeff again.

" Yeah man .. I gotta go. Soph is here. "

" What the fuck does she want now? " Jeff asked me. He doesn't like Sophia. He always mentions her as an Evil witch.

" I don't know.. I'm gonna ask her and will also convey your regards to her. " I let out a chuckle.

" And about calling Ziva.. I'll get the number from Madison. Don't worry. " I told him sternly.

" You better not screw this. She is the one for you and I hate that witch so don't even mention anything about her." With that he cut the call.

I asked Gladis to send Sophia upstairs to my office room. I know my friends and sometimes even my family hate her for being a bitch, but trust me guys she is not that bad. She tends to be rude whenever she becomes insecure.

" Hey Ash.. How are you.. How is aunt and uncle " she asked while entering inside.

" Everyone is doing fine. How are you? " I asked her giving a friendly hug.

" Good.. Returned back from Paris last week . Was quite busy to catch up with you. So are you free this evening? "

" This Evening ? Why ? "

" You know about my dad.. He is pestering me to meet you. How about a cup of coffee? "

I thought for a while " Sure. I have a meeting in Cozmo by 4pm. Can we meet after that ? "

" Yeah . Cool. And no third wheel this time. Just you and me okay ? "

" Oh come on.. Jeff likes to spend time with us. He is our best friend. "

" One , he is your best friend. Two, I know he hates me. And three, according to my dad it's a date. So Please. "

" Fine.. I'll text you once my meeting gets over. One Coffee. That's it. I'm quite busy after that. "

" Yeah , yeah ... Busy man.. I know.. " she said while checking her phone. It kept ringing now and then.

" Why don't you take that call. It might be important " I told her.

" Oh.. It's just the Director. I have a shoot for Vogue now. And I'm late. So he keeps on calling me. How annoying" She said like it's not even a big deal.

' Note to self : Don't call her in case of emergency or in life saving situations ' My mind said sarcastically.

" Oh uhmm.. Breakfast?? Gladis is making Pan cakes. Why don't you have some? " I asked her. She rejected it saying that she is on diet for some fashion week that is going to happen next month in New York.

" Don't forget.. Evening.. Just call me when the meeting gets over. " She said and left my place.

That Afternoon...

I got Ziva's number more like begged from Madison.

' Maybe you should have asked Natalie ' I thought. It's true . Madison's threats are worse than nightmares.

' Come on Asher.. Just press the call button. ' I took a deep breath and dialled her number.

Ringing....

" Hello " I heard her sweet voice.
" Ziva ? "
" Asher ? " She asked me.

" Well yes and I would have preferred Hazi " I said. I guess she was surprised by my call. I heard her chuckle. It made my heart to skip a beat .

' oh calm down. Just breathe ' my mind reminded me to breath again .

" Hazi.. uhmm About Yesterday.. " she kept mumbling .
" What About yesterday? " I asked her.
" I'm sorry Hazi .." she said sincerely.
" Sorry for what Ziva.. Everything is fine. Don't worry "

There was a silence from the other end.

" Hello Ziva.. are you there "
" Yeah.. I'm sorry again. "
" So.. How is your hungover ? " I asked her to change the topic.
" Yeah.. it's better now. "
" Good. And sorry I just now got your number from Madison."

' After lots of struggle and threats '

" It's okay.. I'm glad that you called " she said genuinely.
" Do you have any plans today ? " I blurted out.
" Yeah.. Sorry. I have to meet someone in the evening. How about tommorow? "
" Tommorow sounds good " I said .
" okay then. I'll meet you for dinner? " She asked me.
" Sure.. I'll pick you up tommorow by 7 "
I asked her cheerfully.
" 7 is perfect. "
" Okay then .. see you.. "

" Umm.. Hazi.. " whenever she calls me by that name, my heart flutters. What a strange feeling this is.
" Mmm ? "
" I'm really happy that you called me. It made my day better. " she said more like a whisper. I couldn't stop smiling hearing that.
" Me too.. " I said with a smile.
" see you tomorrow. Have a Good day Hazi. "
" Oh I'm having one Ziva." I told her and hung up the phone. I was smiling like a fool. I heard a knock on my door.

Gladis came in with a cup of coffee.

" Oh.. boy. Are you not feeling well? " She asked me with concern.

" No Gladis .. why? " I said letting out my breath.

" You seem to smile a lot " she said with a smirk. I just laughed back.

" Isn't that a Good thing Gladis ? " I asked her with a smile again.

" Is it a girl ? The reason behind your smile." She asked me.
I just gave her a nod with a smile again.

" Please don't disappoint me that it is Sophia " she again stated.

I just let out a chuckle. " It's not Sophia "

She smiled back. She kept my coffee on the table and while returning back she said " It's good to see you smile. You look more handsome now Asher. I'm happy for you. I'm looking forward to meet her soon" I just smiled at her. I looked myself in a mirror.

Just thinking of her makes me smile.

' Thank you for being the reason I smile Ziva. '

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️