39. Shots

Jaelyn's POV

Saturday Morning..
I was lying in my bed drifting in and out of sleep. Though we had a few family dramas to be taken care of, I would say yesterday's dinner was a successful one. The food was delicious, everyone liked it. Matilda and her team did an excellent job in serving the best.

Riley and Jaden reached New York yesterday by midnight. I think they will be taking rest in their rooms. I looked for my phone.It was already 9:00am. My phone had 3 text messages.

Message 1: Haziel
Good morning Beautiful 😘
Message 2: Haziel
I reached Seattle. Will be back on town by Wednesday.
Message 3: Haziel
I miss you
I wish you were here with Me ❤️

While reading the messages, a small smile formed on my face. I soon got up from my bed and got ready. Today I had a shopping to do. Engagement party is round the corner and I need to purchase few things for it.

I went downstairs and saw Jaden and Natalie having their breakfast with William and Madison. Riley was nowhere to be seen. Probably sleeping.

" Hey Guys.. Good morning " I said while grabbing myself a sandwich.
" Hey .. Going out somewhere? Alone ?" Madison asked me
" Yes. To Marina Mall. I have few things to buy.And I'm not a kid, I can find my way back home " I replied to which she just rolled her eyes. My brother just gave a chuckle.
" Shall I come with you? Is it about work? I can help you " Natalie asked me standing up .
" No.. I'll be fine. It's a day off for you. Go for a date. Spend time with Jeff " I told her while asking her to sit and eat. She gave me a bright smile.
" I'll come with you " Jaden said suddenly raising his hand.
" No. Take rest. Eat and Go back to sleep. For the hundredth time, I'm saying I'm not a kid Jaden. I can manage. " I told him sternly.
" But I want to... I have a vlog to post. Besides it's a lovely day to roam around the city. Don't you think ziva? " He asked me with a grin.
" Uggh.. Fine. I'll give you 10 minutes. Get ready and come" I told him. He jumped up from his chair. Gave a fist bump in the air and ran towards his room.

' And here, they are treating me as a kid '

I introduced him to Peter and we got inside the car.
" So Ziva, what do you wanna buy ? " He asked me.

" A dress for the engagement party and few accessories "

" Uh.. huh.. Sir is there an alternative route to reach the mall ?" He asked Peter

" Well yes. But it may take more time And please call me Peter " Peter said while looking at us from his front mirror.

" That's ok.. please take that route " Jaden said while looking outside. I cleared my throat and he turned towards me. I just gave him a pointed look.

" Ziva.. I like to see the city, that's why I'm suggesting the long route. " He said with a tight smile.
I just sighed and gave a nod to Peter so that he can change the route.

After a 40 minutes drive we reached the mall. We both got down and started to move further inside the mall. We entered a boutique and I tried out some dresses for the party.

" Jaden ... Jaden .. " I called him out once I chose the dress. I looked around the shop but I couldn't find him inside the shop. I collected my bags and came outside, there I saw him talking to someone over the phone.

" Here you are .. I have been looking for you " I said when I got near him.
" Oh... I'm sorry. It's my mom. Bad reception inside. So came out to pick the call. Have you done ? Can we leave? " He asked me while looking around.
" Yes.. I need to get my shoes. Are you hungry? We can have .. " I stopped talking as soon as I heard some sound.

' Gunshots. ' my mind processed everything.

I looked around and saw few men with their guns pointing towards our direction. More specifically towards me. They had weird masks covering their faces.

" Jaden Run.. " I shouted while he grabbed my hands and started to run towards a nearby exit.

' Who are these guys ? Why the hell are they chasing me ? ' These questions kept running in my mind.

As we were running,I heard few more gunshot sounds behind me.

" Ziva.. don't look back . Keep running. " Jaden said while pulling me along with him.

Soon we came around and got trapped at one end. I looked for a window or exit door.

" Jaden.. " I was about to say something but he was looking at something behind me. More like someone. There was a man standing in front of us with a gun.
" Sir, I found them " the man informed someone through his earpods. He looked like he was waiting for his orders from that someone.

" Farewell Miss Jaelyn Richard " that man said with a smirk on his face. My blood ran cold when he said my name.

' How .... He knew me? He said my name ' my mind kept pushing the thoughts. He was about to press his trigger.

Before he could shoot us , I heard another gunshot.Hearing the gun sound my legs started to shake and I fell on the floor with my hands covering my ears and eyes closed . I was shaking and I heard my own heartbeat beating fast. Soon I sensed a body fell infront of me with a thud sound.

" Ziva ... It's alright. The back up is here. Let's go now.. " I heard Jaden's voice.
I opened my eyes and looked at him.
" Ja Jaden.. What happened? You .. You have a gun in your hand " I said more like a whisper.

" Yes, I have.. He is dead. Now come on.. " he said while he helped me to get up from the floor. We used the exit staircase nearby to reach the backside of the mall.

As we came out, I saw a black car waiting for us. Jaden asked me to get in. I was too panicked and exhausted to ask him questions.Once I got in, I saw another black car behind us.

" You are safe Ziva. Now breathe.We are going home " He said with that familiar smile once again.

I was taking deep breaths and soon found black dots appearing. I know I was about to faint.

" Capo .. she is safe. We are coming home" I heard Jaden informing someone before I blacked out.

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️