47. Broken Heart

Asher's POV

" Asher.. I.. I can explain everything " she said.

" Let me ask you a simple question.
This time only the truth.
Are you Ziva or Jaelyn ? " I asked her.

She just stood there crying. My heart begged me to run to her, hug her and console her. But my brain kept on reminding me about the lies she said.

' This is the reason why Ezra couldn't gather information about her. Yes!! I asked him to get details about Ziva so that I can find some clue about the person behind the attack that happened in the restaurant. I wanted to protect her. But he said he could gather only little information about her. His report had details about her from her college year. Nothing made sense to me at that time. I should say Mr. Richard had done an excellent job with hiding her identity. '

" Enough... Ziva leave with Jaden. Paparazzi and media are already crowded near the shore so take the chopper and reach home. " William said breaking the silence.

She never took her eyes from me. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulders. I turned around to see Sophia. She had a small smile on her face.

" Come Asher. It's time to go home. I guess she is capable of protecting herself. She doesn't deserve your love. " She said looking at her.

I looked back only to see Jaden dragging Ziva towards the helipad. She kept looking at me with her teared eyes.

' It's relieving that she will reach home safely. ' my heart felt. Stupid heart !! Even after getting broken, it cared for her.

Stupid Asher!! She lied to you and broke your heart, and you still worry for her safety ?

May be I love her more than I thought...

Soon we reached the shore, as William said I could see lot of cameras asking questions surrounding his family. Few cameras turned towards me , as they know I was her date for the night.

" Mr Parker, tell us how do you feel about dating Miss Richard ?" a women asked me.

" Mr Parker, Have you been aware about her disguise" now it was from a guy.

" Here.. Mr Parker, Is this date some kinda deal from Mr Richard because of your recent collaboration with them? " Someone from the crowd asked me.

I ignored everyone and got inside the car. I ignited my engine and started to drive towards my penthouse.

' Deal? What Deal ? ' Then something striked me.

' Fuck !! Is this about the wedding proposal ? She tricked me for her dad's business ? ' even that thought made my blood boil. She used me. She used my feelings and love for money ? I found it hard to believe but again it's Jaelyn.

I reached my penthouse and asked everyone to go home. I took a bottle of whiskey and started to drink to kill her memories.

'After shifting to New York, my parents transferred me in Brantford High school for my senior year. I soon became a popular kid but never took that thought to my head.Jeff became my best friend. Then one day I heard a news about the death of a sophomore, who happened to be Alexander's sister. Though I was not close to him, I felt bad for his loss. They stated the cause for the accident was drunk and drive by her best friend Jaelyn Richard. For next few days, news about the accident was the talk of the city. Mr. Richard faced backlash from the public and his business associates for his daughter's mistake, whereas his wife who happened to be my dad's doctor resigned her job after the incident. Media was digging the case deeper but one day everything came to an end stating that Jaelyn was emigrated.'

Jaelyn did an accident in which she survived while her friend lost her life. But soon they covered the case and saved Ziva out of it. They even took lots of effort to change her identity and move away from the country.

But one question kept running inside my head, Why Alex and Jaden keep supporting Ziva even after knowing her true identity? Am I missing something here ?

Soon I heard the door bell.

' Ziva ? ' my heart expected. I'm angry with her but still her innocence and happy smile pained my heart. I felt broken. I love her but she broke my trust .

I got up and opened the door. There stood someone whom I least expected.

" Mr Campbell "

" Hey Asher !! Can I come in ? " He asked me. I just gave him a nod. He came inside and stood there in my living room looking around.

" You have a nice place." He said still looking around.
" Why are you here ?" I asked him as I took my place on the sofa.

" I just heard about the news. How could she do this to you? " He asked me
" Mr Campbell I'm not going to repeat again. Why are you here ?" I asked him sternly.

" Calm down Mr Parker. I warned you. Haven't I ? I warned you about her being a gold digger. " He said while taking a glass and pouring whisky for himself.

" That doesn't answer my question Mr Campbell " I told him while taking a sip from my glass. This guy is definitely annoying and adding fuel to my anger.

" You see this is the problem with today's generation. They never listen to old people. To answer your question, I'm here with a business proposal " he said with a smile.

" A proposal? " I asked him. He gave a nod and stood from his seat and started to walk around.

" Isn't it clear that Mr Richard used his daughter for his business purpose? Anyone can say that, he used his daughter to pull strings " he asked me.

I wanted to deny his accusations but my mind kept playing the lies she said. It hurts when someone like him, accuse my girl. I felt like an idiot who fell for such a trap.

" Keep going.. I'm listening " I said while pouring another glass of whisky.

" Don't you feel betrayed? That's how I felt when that family ruined my life. " He said looking outside through the window.

" What the hell are you talking about? " I asked him.

" It's past. We don't care about it anymore. My proposal is let me construct your resort in Miami. My company can do that for you." he said.

" Oh.. No.. Are you serious right now? Using the current situation for your sake ? " I asked him.

' What an Ass-hole? All he thinks is ways to save his company '

" Don't we all do that ? " He asked with a smile once again.

" Come on Asher. We are business men.
One man's mistake is another man's opportunity " he said now looking at me.

" I'm not in mood for this. Can you just leave ? " I told him while rubbing my forehead. I'm getting a headache now.

" Think about it Asher. Revenge ? Isn't that you want for a broken heart? " With that he left the place leaving me alone.

' Revenge- Is that what I want ? '

***************************************
Please Vote
And Share ❤️