11. Best Friend

Asher's POV

Waking up Early- Getting ready for work- Attending meetings- Firing few People- Yelling most of the people- Reaching Home- Sleeping late at night.

This has become my routine for past few days. Especially Mondays, are very tiring. It's been two days since we got finalized with the project from Mr.Richard. Today morning, he informed me that the blueprints will get ready by Wednesday and he will send them to me through someone.

Earlier Jeff called me and asked me, more like ordered me to meet him in the club. So here I'm on my way to my club to meet him. I actually own 15 clubs in and around Newyork. My dad looks this as a proud moment as when he hand overed the business to me 3 years back we only had 4 clubs in New York.

I parked my car and entered the club. Music was blasting and the club was packed with people. The club manager came and welcomed me. As I moved in I got flirting looks from women and glares from men around me, I just ignored both and reached the VIP section.

Jeff was already there with some redhead on his lap.

" Looks like someone is really busy " I said making him to face me.

" Bro.. Long time no see " He got up and gave me a bro hug.

" Good to see you back Bro. So how is everything?? " I returned him with a hug.

We ordered our drinks and settled down.

" Everything is good. Anything new around here? " He asked me back .

" Other than Maddy getting married in 3 months , everything is the same. You haven't missed a lot. "

" Wow, the doc finally asked her huh?? "

" Yup, and she keeps bragging about it "

" Hahaha.. I feel sorry for the groom "

" Me too. But William is the only guy who can handle her "

" True, I still remember her threatening me that her friends are off limit during our senior year "

" Still you slept with Serena. I guess you are immune to her threats "

" Nah.. That was the greatest risk I have ever taken in my life. I couldn't help it. Serena was hot "

I just chuckled . Jeff and Madison are two opposite poles yet friends from kindergarten. She tolerates him only for my sake.

" When she found out about your night with her friend, she was ready to murder you. You are alive now just because of me. "

" True, thank you for saving my ass on that day. " He said with a smile.

Jefferson Black - world may know him as a Playboy Billionaire but only I have seen the struggles he went through in his past . He is more like a brother to me.

" So how is business? What about the deal with Richard? "

" The deal got finalized and I'm waiting for further information from them"

" Good. Soooo.... "

" What?? "

"Are you still searching for that girl? "
He asked me with a smirk .

" Who? "

" You know whom I'm talking about" He gave me a knowing look.

I had a crush on a girl during my senior year. I don't even know her name . I have seen her thrice yet she made a huge impact on my heart. I wouldn't call that as love but I had some kind of feelings for her which was new. It's been years and I have been with so many girls but never felt like that. Jeff referred that as Crush . So I agreed with him . I had a huge crush on someone I met thrice in my life, who doesn't even know that I exist .

" Nah. I can't even remember her face dude. " I lied.

Well it's partially true. I just got few seconds to see her face whenever I met her. But I still remember her Hazel eyes with black hair. They were mesmerizing .

" Uh huh? " he smirked

This idiot acts as if he can read my thoughts.

' He is your best friend. He can read you ' my inner voice said.

" Oh Shut Up before I wipe that smirk on your face . "

" Well brother , I guess you still have those feelings for her. " He said more like a statement.

What can I say, even if I find love in my life she will always be my first crush .

" I hate to admit it bro, but thinking about her even now makes my heart beat faster. " I smiled at him. I can't hide from him. He is my close friend. One of the very few who can understand me.

" Enough about me Jeff. How is Ellen or Elena ?? What was her name " This idiot change girl friend like season , so I get confused more often.

" Ellen .. and she is very happy with her new boyfriend. " He said with no regret.

See what he did. This guy is hopeless. He never believed in love after his parent's divorce. That divorce ruined him. Yet here he is happy with his life.

How can I describe his life 🤔

' Dating and Mating with no strings attached ' my inner voice hinted. I just agreed with it.

" Dad informed me something about Jaelyn Richard "

" Jaelyn Richard -The Famous Daughter of Mr Richard? What about her? "

I told him about the wedding proposal from her family and also about my rejection to it.

" Wow. That's weird. Haven't heard about that girl for years. "

" Dude she did something that ruined the lives of everyone around her. And yet she is living a happy luxurious life " now I'm fuming. I hate that girl ever since I heard about that incident.

" Perks of being a Billionaire's daughter. Just Calm down Ash. "

" Alright dude !! I'm gonna leave now. I have to go to Seattle tommorow for a meeting "

" Yeah , see you on Friday night then ? "

" Sure, Hey ... Why did you ask about the girl I met few years back? "

" Because may be she is the answer for your quest of finding a normal girl "

" She was just a crush Jeff "

" What if she's not , think about it. "

I just gave him a nod. And left the place .

' May be he is right. What if she is not just a crush ? What if she is my first love ? '

***************************************
Please vote
And share ❤️