Old Stories: The Samurai Woman

Warning: The trailer will have one graphic scene and if you're not comfortable, skip it.

Trailer Song

I literally abandoned this epic masterpiece due to writer's block

I literally abandoned this epic masterpiece due to writer's block. But the time HAS come that I may discuss this story behind the trailer. First of all, it all started when I listened to the song which drew me to create the story. I made the trailer and I premiered it on youtube. However, I did two chapters and never returned to the book again. But in the future where I now have THEE POWER to actually start a story and be on track to keep things rolling.

It was originally going to be a two-book-part series since I had no thought of a third book. And it's rated Mature Content since there's gore and slashing of swords.

P.S: I forgot half of the characters' names and history so I gotta dig deep into this whole process.

The novel was about an adult Japanese woman returning back to her country after she left to be in the American world. Her whole family has clans and ancient history of passing down samurai and warriors. Particularly, you might think of samurai as in the suit but no, it's mainly the skills and spirit that make it the samurai.

The samurai spirit is within the character and you see her using her sword to defeat enemies. And it's among all of her family members because long ago, they have a rich history of their relatives actually being samurai and having great honor. Plus, there's a little fantasy twist within it. One warrior with great honor, the dragon who oversees things would bless his children. So, the dragon creates the spirit and passes it down from generation to generation. It's not a selection of an only chosen one. No. Two relatives can have the samurai spirit or more.

But in the main character's case, she has the spirit and her family has put her under pressure over the years to be this perfect image until she couldn't hold it any longer. Yet back in Japan, she has two younger sisters along with cousins within her family. Those two white guys who happen to be twins, the main character is one of his love interests. Also, they are friends with the clan because they learned about Chinese and Japanese culture. As well as have been invested in karate and kung fu.

The blonde guy is dating one of the main character's younger sisters. What is Meghan Markle doing in the trailer? As a fancast, she's a friend of the clan and has been studying martial arts and Japanese culture.

The woman with green hair is the daughter of the dragon and a good friend to the main character. But those three white women are enemies of the main character and work for the bald lady who happens to be the main character's aunt. They are like female ninjas.

The aunt and the main character's mother have bad blood between them so it's the reason why she would have to return to Japan to deal with it.

Gina Rodriguez (fancast) is a friend of the clan and is dating one of the main character's male cousins. The ginger-haired characters aren't a part of the family but they are there so they can be exposed to the main character and her history.

However, after dumping all of this, will I be bringing this book back from the dead? Yes, indeed because of the way I cast and set everything up, yeah I don't want to leave this to dust.

BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT THE TRAILER...

The first clip is from Kill Bill with the actress (Lucy Liu). I found random scenes related to her to fit in the category. Also, the last one is from Wendy Wu. There's one clip from After and another from Insatiable (the kissing scene) along with that scene in a movie with the actress, Isabel Lucas.

Anyways, I'll be redoing this whole book and might make it fresh and new in the 2020s.

Some of the characters will be deleted and I'll be reconstructing this book to how it's supposed to be. I'll keep the same story but make things a little smooth and different.

With Wattpad, I want to make quality content and want people to see something different than the things you see here. A good reading experience, critique, and what you guys want to see more of. There should be more quality and originality coming from the authors. That includes fanfiction.