Greek Gods: What's The Plan?

1. All races of the gods are different and I am heavily mentioning this so people don't think I'm racist when I am not. Through the process of thinking of the gods, I believe they should be played by different races of people. Such as a black Zeus having white children or any race of children in that manner. No, I am not trying to discriminate against mixed people but I see all the gods being people of color. Most of the depictions of the greek gods are either mostly a full white cast. I just feel like the races of the gods shouldn't matter because you'll see a black Zeus possibly having an Asian son or a white son for that matter.

EXAMPLES:

1. CLASH OF THE TITANS (2010)

Most of everyone in that scene is white and I didn't see any black or Asian god in that scene. And Luke Evans is in the next movie I'll show you next.

2. IMMORTALS (2011)

 IMMORTALS (2011)

3. PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF (2010)

I'll give Percy Jackson a past because he is white in the book. But except for Zeus and Poseidon, it's mostly all of them are white and I think there's only one person of color in there while the rest are white. I am not nitpicking but it is just what I have seen through each depiction.

2. Most of the gods aren't going to be the heroes or the good guys. Imagine the Boys (2019) as an example. In every depiction of Zeus, he's mostly the good god + father. But he's cheated on Hera so many times including the fact that he is married to his sister (which I question why) and since Hera is the goddess of marriage + Queen of the gods, she won't leave him when she believes that husbands and wives should have no divorce. Poseidon, Hera, and Zeus aren't going to be the good guys while Hades will be one + an anti-hero because I haven't seen any record of him doing anything bad except kidnaping his niece so he can marry her in the underworld. He's mostly the "bad guy" because he lives in the underworld and that's about it.

3. A'bel will have many love interests separate from Hercules because I'm having different ideas for how the romance will play in the trilogy. Both of them are bisexual and as stated in greek myths, Hercules has had male lovers.

4. The year is 330 AD in Thebes, Rome, and Greece. A'bel is half black and white, so for the races of humans, some of them will be Italian since Rome is in Italy. And the ethnicities will be diverse because it's not going to be limited to white or black people but more races of people in that category.

5. Sexuality will be explored because it's been pointed out that Zeus is bisexual. He has kidnapped a guy named Ganymede as an eagle and put in Olympus as his bitch/cupbearer. I will add that within the trilogy and Hera will be a big part of Zeus's affairs.

6. The book will be graphic with action, possible swearing, and sex scenes. With the sex scenes, I will try to not make it sound cringy but you guys can always skip and continue reading the chapters. But I'm not going to limit myself as I write the trilogy.

7. Most of the story will be from my imagination and may not be accurate to the actual Greek myths because there are so many depictions. So, there will be scenes that are accurate and related to Greek myths while the rest is made up in my head for the sake of the story. 

----------

Also, it's one of the biggest series I'm doing next to Darko-Man, The Mystique Series, and I'm Dead. I am hella' excited to write this story but first I am gathering up the cast by adding more characters on Pinterest, fixing the soundtrack, and planning to do research on the myths.

******

Update (July 28th, 2023): Greek Mythology draws from an European country. So, it makes sense on why most characters in Greek-related films in Hollywood are white. But looking back at this, me saying there needs to be more diversity in the gods was because of watching movies about Greek mythology. Even though I read that gods in the Greek myths can change their appearances.