The DC Fanfic: What's Going On?

Author's Note: I just got into Lois & Clark. So, adding the song from above you can watch it since the show is getting interesting. 

So far, there are no other plans for upcoming books since I've already laid out my ideas for what I want to do for the DC fanfic books, such as Aquaman and possibly a Batman one.

I'm not saying much about Half Of Us (Man Of Steel) because the story still needs to be seasoned. The same happened for Bats & Cats (Batman Fanfic) and A Forever Young Titans (Teen Titans). Those two are still in drafts and I haven't written anything yet.

But I plan to change the Superman fanfic because I don't have many ideas for the book since Henry Cavill is out as Superman. I did have some at first with Keke Smith being a reporter like Lois Lane and Lex being Clark's typical enemy. However, the story itself wasn't pulling me in. The only thing that pulled me in was setting up the romance between Keke and Clark. Keke who is my OC (original character) is Black and I loved the idea of putting Clark Kent in an interracial relationship because, in the majority of superhero comic books, there aren't that many Black women and all women of color as forefront love interests.

I do not disregard same-race relationships such as MJ & Peter (Spiderman) or Lois Lane & Clark Kent. Actually, I like them and ship them. First and foremost, I will present you with what I have in mind for the Superman fanfic.

Here are the CHANGES:

1. Steering away from the Man Of Steel storyline -

I'm not attached to the Man Of Steel storyline enough, even though I got invested in making a fanfic book about it in the first place. Also, I was having trouble trying to add what more could happen in the story after the Man Of Steel movie ended. The one change I made was the way Jonathan Kent was killed off. From there, I had some ideas about how the story would go but is the Man Of Steel storyline where I was having trouble which postponed any new chapters besides the cast for Half Of Us.

2. The Faceclaim -

Since I will avoid the Man Of Steel storyline, I'm changing the faceclaims for Clark and his adopted mother, Martha. Luckily I've discovered two actors who I visualize.

Ethan Peck as Clark Kent | Kathy Bates as Martha KentWhy? I discovered Ethan Peck in June last month and thought he could be a better faceclaim choice as Superman for my fanfic

Why? I discovered Ethan Peck in June last month and thought he could be a better faceclaim choice as Superman for my fanfic. I already knew who Kathy Bates is and wanted to replace Diane Lane after I thought of Peck as Clark Kent. 

However, I didn't want to change them since I guaranteed I would write the Man Of Steel fanfic. But seeing the fanfics done for Man Of Steel on Wattpad, I didn't think of what else I could do with this story.

Now, I can't take it any longer. 

Everybody else in the cast looks fine (which I'm not gonna change), the only character I will change or remove is Martian Manhunter. I may remove him because I don't see him fitting into this story and have no role for him. Michael Rosenbaum as Lex may change too, but I will keep him until I find another actor I can visualize as the character. 

Back to Ethan Peck, I couldn't see any faceclaim chemistry between Henry Cavill's Clark and my OC, Keke (Ashleigh Murray). I did at first with the whole wanting to see more interracial relationships in Superhero media, but after that, I can't see it. 

So when I thought of Peck as Clark Kent, I could visualize romantic chemistry between him and Keke. 

3. What's The Storyline? - 

As a reminder, I haven't read any of the Superman comic books and will be going from the different versions of Superman I've seen in movies and shows over the years. 

Well, Martian Manhunter brought guidance to Clark in discovering his identity in Smallville. So with that, I still had no idea what else he could do. So, I'm going to come up with something new for the story's storyline while keeping the cast of the faceclaim ensemble with two character changes. And I will find a better way to show how Keke despises Superman than the Zod fight in Metropolis in Man Of Steel.

So, I've realized I don't have to follow the Man Of Steel fanfic trend because honestly, I had nothing and needed something that could push me forward. When watching some of the animated movies of Superman, there are a lot of different versions of his story being told. Smallville, My Adventures Of Superman, Lois & Clark, and Superman & Lois are big examples of that. 

So, that's something I want to do than stick with Man Of Steel. 

4. Keke's Occupation - 

Keke will be a cop instead of a journalist because I feel that can be much of a challenge for Clark to deal with. By that way it'll make Keke believe she can protect herself including not needing help can create that level of tension and conflict between her and Clark as Superman. 

Even though she is a cop, Keke can need some saving too. Because if I make Keke a journalist, I'm immediately thinking of her as the Black version of Lois Lane. With Lois and Keke working at the Daily Planet, I can't separate them. So with Keke as a police officer, that dynamic with Clark can work since they are both saving lives and have different perspectives on how they approach stopping crime and criminals.

I haven't revealed that much of her occupation in the summary nor her father's death, except for telling all of the details for this book here. So, I won't focus on Keke being a journalist but on making something new. 

******

Final Thoughts: Since I will change some things around, the book cover will have to change too.

I've seen the new actor who will play Superman in the future for James Gunn's film, and I'll agree with most fans that I can see David Corenswet as Superman. Visually for the most part and need to see him in action. 

Anyways, stay tuned for the new book cover and change in the cast.