Why Is Darko-Man Taking Long To Update?

Darko-Man was a straightforward story to tell but back in 2019, I canceled it due to writer's block since I was stuck on the worldbuilding of Ivan's home planet: Gorrah. I got interested in alien mythology to make up my own aliens for Darko-story purposes and did map out the different alien races. From there, I planned other alien-focused books that were supposed to be in the same world as Darko-Man. I had plans of expanding Ivan's universe by focusing on alien life. And in Ivan's universe, the focus isn't always on humans. 

The story for Darko-Man was originally simple: 

- Crashlands into a rich household, Ivan ends up having rich parents. (The Metro-Man baby scene at 1:10)

*Based it on Metro-Man (Megamind)

- Ivan's an established hero.

- Ivan already knew he was an alien than finding out later in his teens like Clark (Superman). People were cool with it. 

- Ivan is not only a superhero but a businessman. He took over his adoptive father's estate after his passing.

From there, Ivan didn't want to discover what was outside of Earth since he was comfortable living in it. But a sound came to his ear that kept calling out to him. His mother is trying to bring him back home. Then he goes to discover his planet and is challenged by his younger brother.

Here were the faceclaims for Ivan and his family (originally): 

1. Adrian Pasdar (younger) - Ivan 

2. Amy Adams (younger) - Ivan's sister

3. Tobey Maguire (younger) - Tobias 

4. Teresa Palmer - Keira (Ivan's baby sister)  

5. Idina Menzel (Gorrahians age slower, so I intended for the mother to look younger because of that) - Ivan's mother

*******
So, I already had ideas of what life in Gorrah was like. The problem was how the worldbuilding was going to be executed going forward. 

Now since I've brought Darko-Man back after three years, ideas have changed. The only thing that is holding me back from updating a chapter is the worldbuilding like how I'm going to show the world in a way that is interesting and captivating. 

 The prologue may be rewritten like I did with Cleopatra because I don't want to give out too much exposition or info-dumping if you call it that. And rather immerse you into the world as I did in The Vamptress.