The Romance: Friendship {TOPIC}

I've been having this on my chest for a while. I've seen this and I want to express it. In romance, friendship by most people is recommended that builds a great addition to the relationship before seeing the other person sexually or romantically. In my HONEST opinion, I agree. For examples: Kida & Milo, Kim & Ron, Maria & Monolo, and Hiccup & Astrid.

In the Book of Life, Maria and Monolo knew each other since childhood. The same thing happens to Kim and Ron in Kim Possible. Kida and Milo built great admiration when learning about each other's backgrounds and worlds in Atlantis. Hiccup had a crush on Astrid but what made Astrid like Hiccup back is showing how courageous he is when defending a dragon and showing his own father that dragons aren't the enemy in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. She sought him and wanted to learn more about why would HE defend a dragon when all their lives and main legacy is killing a dragon. They were more like acquaintances who grew into a little friendship and then into lovers.

AND I LOVED THE KISS AT THE END OF HTTYD 1!

But the reason why I am discussing this topic is that in the reality of a friendship between a boy and a girl, not all men and women in friendships have to be in a romantic relationship.

- EXAMPLE -

In my novel, The Noble Anderson explores the friendship between Angie and Christine. They are forced into a deal with their parents for a marriage to commence and bring their family names to the higher status of the wealth they have. Angie and Christine (he's a guy/it's his last name) have been friends since childhood. They both have their OWN ideas of what they want in a partner and they are not sexually/romantically INTERESTED in each other. Christine is like a brother to Angie at most.

Going back to my argument, the person's preferences/what they WANT in a partner is different and the same thing can go for a friendship because we have our own ideas of what we want in a friendship but they may not share your vision or intention of a partner. Plus, I am not escalating partners to be perfect but just trying to get a general whole big picture because people are different either way.

Furthermore, I am a girl who has two childhood male friends and I am not romantically attracted to either of them since I have my own preferences in a partner as well as neither of them has that special chemistry that makes me fall in love.

Yet I want to differentiate that it is acceptable to not be in a romantic relationship with a friend and that goes on with any book characters/characters in general. Sometimes, you may have the friendship + STRONG chemistry but not so much on the romantic one. Also, they may share the same interests but what about values, morals, etc? Breakups happen and I'll say having some familiarity with a person you are interested in is a GREAT way to pinpoint if you two have the same perspective on certain things. Agree to disagree. All of that. Plus, remember the five LOVE languages are important too.

Specifically, I've read about couples who dated for 3-5 months (10 or 11 months included) and got married after a short time + stayed married for twenty-plus years. It may have been great chemistry that spiraled to that point behind the whole situation.

------

All of this sounded so good in my head and I had to get this off my chest.