Chapter 22: Forgiveness

As the remaining students gathered into their Podiums, Monotusk began to chuckle. "Well well students, down to 13 now and I truly hope this Case will be one full of sadness! Angst, betrayal..Oh, the Audience will just marvel in all of this!"

"Im not sure what he means exactly." Leif spoke. "However, be it people are watching or not..we have a Case to solve."

"Correct. Lets start with the most important part of this." Abbey spoke. "The Cause of Death. I noticed he had both a head wound and blood leaking from his mouth. That said, something tells me one of the two is a red herring thanks to Aidens observations."

"M-Me?!" Aiden asked in fear, as Kaeo reassured him. "The wound on his head. You pointed out something wrong with it?"

"Oh! Thats right, umm..So, Mrs Luna checked the body, and uhm...She asked me to check around the Head area! When i checked i..didnt see any bumps from anything. When i tried to move Dantes Hair, I...got red all over my hands."

"So you touched blood and didnt even think to-" Kiryu was interuppted. "Not Blood. Upon closer inspection, I found out it was makeup of sorts."

"Makeup?" Trinity asked. "If I may ask, didnt Dante always carry a thing of makeup with him?"

"Frankly, I was not once aware of that." Luna spoke, before whispering to herself and Mayu noticing. "Digging your grave, I see.."

"So, is there a reason the Killer would try putting makeup around the head?" BeeBee asked. "Id assume possibly a red herring if anything.."

"Is it possible the red around the bottom of the teapot was makeup as well?" Aurora asked. "If we go by this theory, then perhaps the teapot was used as a red herring to the Killing itself like BeeBee mentioned."

"And whos to say youre not the Killer?" Amelia snarked. "Oh right, getting dirty with your little boy toy? Wow! Joker and Harley Quinn roleplay i assume?"

"Do you seriously take me as a wifebeater?" Kiryu asked bluntly, as Amelia snarked. "Well you hate women so much, and considering Dante looks EXACTLY like a woman. Plus his heinous little act, and to save your little ego of not being the rich asshole you pretended to be? Need I say more? Maybe youre our killer and decided to frame your girl toy! You two had a fight after all, yes?"

"Amelia. If you know whats good for you. Shut the fuck up." BeeBee spoke bluntly, as Mayu cleared her throat. "Lets move onto another topic of discussion, yeah? How about we discuss what was found in the teacups?"

"You mean those weird plants?" BeeBee asked. "I thought that was a little weird too.."

"Foxtail Plants." Leif clarified. "Balhika and i did some investigating in the Greenhouse and noticed there was some missing. I should add, the plant should not be injested by any means otherwise it could cause the victim to die of shock from Poison."

"Usually in the case of a Lavender flower, nothing like that would happen. Perhaps the Killer grabbed the wrong Plant on accident, or...they knew what they were doing. Whatever the case may be, we can confirm the Plant was a Foxtail." Balhika said.

"So the Killer poisoned Dante?" Kiryu asked. "Interesting to use such an approach like that, but i will admit. Quite idiotic on the Killers end. If someone like Leif has so much knowledge on Plants, whos to say he didnt do this?"

"Now. What reason would I have to kill Dante again?" Leif asked. "Wouldnt it make more sense to ask someone with potential history with Dante? A distain for him?"

"What exactly are you implying?" Kiryu asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I think what he means is, what if its someone with a history of Dante besides Trinity?" Oliver asked. "Safe to assume if we go by this logic..Trinity is a massive suspect here."