Chapter 27: Memories to Cherish

Making their way to the Cafeteria, Oliver and Mayu reached the back in the Dining Hall as they found Kiryu and Aurora inside. "Oh god, im sorry im sorry, I didnt mean to-" Aurora spoke, as Kiryu sighed. "Listen, its..Its ok. You dont gotta apologize like that, Starshine." Starshine? A new nickname Kiryu gave Aurora? It was cute seeing this unfold, Mayu thought to herself.

"Are you sure?" Aurora asked, as Kiryu made a small but noticable smile. "Im sure." Aurora giggled. "Though, I guess now I'll be gettin you back with a nickname! How about...Inky?" Kiryu stared in shock and confusion. "I-Inky?!"

"Just a nickname I thought up off the top of my head! Because its cute seein you blush!" Aurora giggled again, as Kiryu covered his face with his scarf. "I-I aint blushing, dammit.."

"Hey, so we gonna go in or-" Oliver whispered to Mayu, as Mayu shushed him. Wanting to listen in more, as a sudden tone change ensued. "Though..." Aurora began. "I..I wanted to ask you something."

Kiryu raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Ask me what?" Aurora hesitated for a moment before speaking up. "Theres just..one thing I wish youd tell me. Why youre so mean to the others, when they did nothing to you! W-Why am I the special occasion of not being rude? Nobody here deserves you being so rude all the time! B-Because..If you keep that up, w-what if someone targets you?"

Kiryu sighed. "You dont need to worry about me. I can handle myself." Aurora shook her head. "Of course im gonna worry about you! I..I know its not my place to speak. I get it, but..I just want to know. I want the group to see youre just a big lovable sweetheart deep down!"

Kiryu sighed again, looking at Aurora with stern eyes. "You are really treading on waters you shouldnt. If you knew why I was the way I was, youd run away and leave me behind." Aurora took a moment to process. "Im sorry, I just..I just worry about you, thats all." Kiryu sighing, spoke up. "A bit too much actually, but..I get it. Youve got a big heart, and clearly care about others a lot. Its a nice thing to see. I just dont want you getting yourself into something dangerous."

"I understand." Aurora spoke. "If you feel too scared to be open, I understand..and I'll stay by you, even after youre ready and tell me. I'll be there however I can. Promise."

Kiryu made a soft smile. "Well, since..Promises are to be returned as Ive heard others say, and as..unrealistic as it is. Hows about I make you one? When we get out of here..I'll stand by you during a Meteor Shower and make a wish with you. Hows that sound?"

"It sounds wonderful." Aurora said with the sweetest smile Mayu had seen. Mayu and Oliver made their way in, as Mayu waved. Aurora waving back, caught Kiryus eye as he turned around. "Oh, its just you two. Lovely. Im assuming you both finished getting dirty in the bedroom?"

"Why? You volunteering to watch next time?" Mayu smirked, as Aurora wheezed uncontrollably. "I-STOP, I CANT BREATHE!" She kept laughing hysterically, as Kiryu facepalmed. "Walked right into that one, didnt I? Were you two listening in?"

"No." Oliver spoke directly. "We were uhh..comin here as a means to prepare a Picnic in the Greenhouse between the two of us." Mayu could be seen bright pink, trying to compose herself.

"Ahh. That room. Well, yall do you." Kiryu spoke, walking out as Aurora sighed. "Sorry hes a little distant today. Hes so nervous since..Were actually having a date ourselves in my lab! Gonna help him learn of some astrology related things, and maybe help him create some new tattoo ideas! Though..He also promised me, he'd give me a cute tattoo possibly! See you guys around Dinner perhaps?"

Mayu nodded, as Aurora waved and ran off to Kiryu. Hoping to catch up, as Oliver looked around. "I know its a little basic, but hows about PB&J sandwiches for our Picnic? Well..If youre not allergic to Peanuts of course."