Chapter 21 - Can we talk about this?

After Violetta went up to bed, Angie went into the kitchen to grab a drink of water while Herman walked in and looked at her.

Herman: Where's Leon and Violetta?

Angie: Violetta went to bed, and I am not sure about Leon.

Herman: Something is going on between them and I do not know what.

Angie: Violetta's pregnant again. 

Herman: She is what?

Angie: And Violetta and Leon got into an argument about it on the dance floor because I heard that he was holding on to her tightly and Violetta was trying to tell Leon to let go.

Herman: But I thought they were not trying until Grace was a bit older, do you think Violetta did this on purpose like she did when he went on tour?

Angie: What? No, where did you get that idea?

Herman: Well, it is late I am going to turn in you are coming, my love.

Angie: Yeah, I just must check on Grace and I am going to check on Violetta.

As Angie tucked Grace in and looked into Violetta's room she was flat out and had tears running down her eyes.

The next morning ~

Violetta ~

I woke up alone as I turned around. Leon was nowhere to be seen, his side of the bed was still made like he never slept there, I cannot believe this is the start of our married life, you know a husband that does not come home to his wife.

As I got dressed and went downstairs Angie was holding Grace on her lap while feeding her, I sat down beside Angie and stroked my daughter's hand, but there was still no sign of Leon

Angie: Morning, honey, where's Leon did he come home?

Violetta: No, he left me on my own, well now I know how he would have acted if I told him about Grace.

Herman: But he loves Grace.

Violetta: Yes, only because he did not know about her and now, I told him about this little one the only thing he could just walk out the door, terrific way of being married to a husband who doesn't come home or doesn't want to come home.

Angie: Awe, come on Violetta he cannot be mad at you, although he punched a chair yesterday his hand was bleeding when I saw him in the kitchen yesterday because he was irritated when you were letting that guy Clemont in between you.

Violetta: Well, I think we might be over, as that is not the worst thing, he thinks I got pregnant with Grace to stop him from going on tour.

Herman: I had the same idea.

Angie: Herman? *Points to little Grace*

Herman: Not saying that Grace is a mistake, I am just saying it was a strange time to get pregnant when you knew Leon was going on tour.

Violetta: So, what are you saying dad, that I planned for all of this?

Angie: Herman, stop because you are making her feel worse.

Herman: Oh, wake up Angie, stop defending her you had the exact same thought as me.

Violetta thought about what they said when they heard a bang and saw Leon walking in.

Violetta: *Stood up* Leon, where have you been?

Leon: *Grabs a piece of toast* I am starving.

Violetta: *Looks at him* Well, where did you go?

Angie: Leon?

Leon: I stayed at our house; do not worry I did not sleep with anyone.

Violetta: Leon, you could have come home.

Leon: This is not our home anymore Violetta, I stayed at our house where all our stuff is, I just stayed there as you know I needed space to think about everything.

Violetta pulled him upstairs as they needed to talk.

Violetta: Leon, I love you, I thought you would accept this baby, since I told you about you it, but I did not want to tell you, but you pushed me

Leon: Oh, so this my fault, because I pushed you to tell me the truth, you think it is my fault that we are falling apart.

Violetta: No, of course not, I know I should have told you, but I thought you would have been happier. 

Leon: Violetta this is not the right time for another baby besides, we said that we would wait so obviously you were in a rush to have another one.

Violetta: I was not in a rush, Leon, I wanted to wait but the timing is not always right.

Leon: Oh, well you felt like that then you should have stayed on the pill that way this baby would not exists.

Violetta: Oh, and if you never went on tour and you found out I was pregnant with Grace would you be saying the same thing hmm? Or would you also not want Grace to exist, I am pregnant Leon, and I am keeping this baby so whether you want to be a dad or not then you stay at our house all you want but I will not be living there.

The only thing is Violetta and Leon's doors were open, so they did not know that Grace was standing outside until Leon looked at the door.

Leon: *Looks at the door* Violetta, Grace has by the door.

Violetta: *Did not take him seriously* I do not care Leon; you decide whether you want to be a dad to both of my children or just one of them.

Leon: Grace, sweetie come here.

Violetta: *Covers her mouth* Grace, I am sorry.

Grace ran into Leon's arms and cried.

Leon: Hey, it's okay, baby girl, Mommy and I are going to be fine okay, it is just a little blip, okay everything will be fine I promise.

Violetta: Leon... we just got married and this is how we are spending it, we are supposed to be in the Honeymoon stage, but instead, we are arguing with each other, we are acting like we do not know each other.

Leon: Grace, why don't you go and watch a movie with Grampy and Angie while we talk?

Grace went downstairs to Angie and Herman while Leon and Violetta were shouting at each other.

Violetta: *Puts his hands on her tummy* Please, Leon, we have Grace and now we have this little one coming, you know how much I love you and I do not want anyone else; I love being Ms Vargas.

She hugged him tightly and he hugged her back.

Violetta: I love you, My husband.

Leon: And I love you, my wife.