Beauty In His Eyes

Captain Barnacles marveled at the wonder shining in front of him. His crew sat facing Professor Inkling, enraptured by one of the elderly professor's stories about Catherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry the Eighth fearlessly leading men into battle while pregnant. He heard every word Inkling spoke, but he couldn't really listen, for his crew had stolen his attention.

To him, there was nothing more perfect in the entire world. His crew, his compassionate, curious, beautiful disaster of a crew and each of their individual personalities filled him with more love than he'd ever felt in his life. Everything about them from Kwazii and his absurdly outlandish monster stories to Shellington's long-standing annoyance with the pirate's tall tales endeared them to him, every little quirk and imperfection only enflamed his affection more. Not to mention the way his crew had the ability to make him feel.

He'd never felt as powerful or as beloved as he did on the Octopod. Every smile and every hug his little ones gave him made him feel bigger than he ever had in his life. To them, there really was no better Captain. With a pang of guilt in his heart, he'd strongly disagreed. There were definitely stronger captains than him, smarter captains, and braver captains too.

"But Captain," His little Peso has protested, "There's no captain in the whole world as kind or as loving as you." He smiled at his medic's words. but was jolted out of his reverie by Kwazii and Tweak's screams over who looked more like a pregnant Catherine of Aragon. And so, Captain Barnacles of the Octopod was on his feet once more, settling his crew's conflicts with the gentle nature of a father. Never a dull moment with his crew, no, his family.

A/N: This was requested by @JustOneToughCookie on my Octonauts Chaos story, but I thought it'd be more fitting for me to put it here. Please go and check them out; they write far better than I could ever make this. I'll probably have a part two of this out at some point, but if you have any characters or scenarios you want me to do, please put them in the comments (I can and will do OCs as long as you give me a description of your OC). Peace!- TTWT