Protecting Promises

"Dash, it's not that bad!" Tweak rolled her eyes playfully as Dashi pulled her fluffy pink blanket over her head, "It ain't even rated R."

"But Tweak," Dashi pouted, "There's a monster in it!"

"Oh, it'll be fine." She reassured her and chuckled uneasily. That lie had slipped a little too smoothly, "It'll be like Hotel Transylvania at the worst!"

It was not actually fine.

"You promise?" Dashi looked up with big innocent eyes that drove a sharp stake of guilt right through her heart.

"Yeah, I guess." She couldn't help but wince at her uncanny knack for lying in that moment, "I promise."

______________________________________________________________________________

"Tweaky, I don't like blood!" Dashi whimpered, her voice slightly muffled by Tweak's fur as she cuddled into her best friend's chest and the little monster bared its bloody fangs to her from Tweak's Octo-Tablet screen.

"Shh, it's alright, Dash." Tweak murmured as she rubbed Dashi's back, "None of it's real, promise. No one's gonna hurt you." She silently chastised herself for begging Dashi to watch it with her. She knew her best friend didn't like horror movies.

"I still don't like it." Dashi murmured as Tweak instinctively covered her eyes as another monster popped up on the screen, "What if it is real?"

"Even if it's real, I won't let any of them monsters get you." Tweak ran her other paw through her hair, "I swear on my life, I'll protect you from them." And that was a promise she could keep.

A/N- This was also DolphinGirl123456 's idea (Thank you so much)