No Buts

"Dashi," Captain Barnacles sighed, walking up to his surrogate daughter and placing a paw in her forehead, "You've got a fever. Go take a rest, my dear."

"No, it's OK, Captain." Dashi winced at her aching head as she turned back around in her chair to face the controls. In actuality, she was not OK.

"Cap, I've got it from here." Tweak walked in and went over to Dashi.

"You, bed, now." She grunted lightly as she pulled Dashi to her feet.

"But-!" Dashi began.

"No buts!" Tweak snapped playfully, "You're going to bed right now, and you will not say another word about it, girlie." So with a tiny groan, Dashi accepted defeat and allowed Tweak to drag her from the HQ to her pod.

"Dash, why would you work while you're sick girl?" Tweak cooed to her best friend as she tucked her into bed. Under the covers, Dashi smiled slightly, knowing for a fact that Tweak was twice as bad as she was about sick days.

"I had things to do, Tweaky." She mumbled as she snuggled deeper underneath her blanket.

"Well, now you don't." Tweak grinned at Dashi and gave her a soft kiss on the head, "Hold on a sec, Dash. Lemme get you some kelp chili. Without peppers, just as you like it."

"Thanks Tweak." Dashi beamed as she sat up and snuggled into Tweak's shoulder. The world could wait. For now, it was hers and Tweak's time to be together, and she wouldn't have it any other way.