Chapter 1

Ash!! Wake up, Ash!!

ASHLYNN!!!!!!! 

"WHAT the fuck Eva!!"

"Where's the fire? Why the hell are you shouting?" I asked the annoying human being of my best friend, who sat over the comforter with her legs folded beneath her, grinning at me smugly. 

I looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand that glared at me in red.

Midnight. FUCKING MIDNIGHT.

I directed my gaze at the only happy person in the room, glaring at her.

Why in the world is it hard to get some sleep? After a rough week, I do deserve that much, don't I?

"Give me one good reason not to throw your ass out of this damn room."

She gave me a funny look, "Did you hit your head somewhere? Or are you showing signs of dementia?"

I looked at her dumbfounded. Am I missing out on something?

Eva let out an exasperated sigh.

"Don't tell me you forgot," said a sweet voice that belonged to none other than Yukina, my other best friend, who leaned against the doorframe giving me a funny look.

What's wrong with these two?

My gaze again fell on the digital clock and landed on the date.

Sun Mar 21

My eyes went wide as realization hit me hard on my head. No wonder they thought I knocked my head somewhere.

What kind of an idiot forgets their own-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLYNN!!!"

I cursed under my breath, feeling embarrassed yet happy. 

"THANK YOU, GUYS!! I can't believe I forgot my birthday," I exclaimed.

"Neither we can, bitch," said Eva. 

"You can blame it on the hectic weak I had. Feel kinda I lost my brain cells."

Yuki chuckled while Eva rolled her eyes. Typical Eva.

"WHAT?? If you had 3 test papers and 2 Thesis to submit in the same damn week, you'd probably go insane."

Yuki giggled, "Yeah, we got your point."

"Whatever, let's go cut your cake," said Eva, pulling me off the comfort of my bed.

They led me to our living room, where they had placed a small cake and a bottle of red wine. Just perfect. Knowing it was Eva's idea to include alcohol, I teasingly raised an eyebrow at her.

"What? We don't have to get drunk."

"Sure," I said, nodding as a small smile grazed my lips.

"C'mon, Ash," Yuki motioned to sit on the couch and offered me a knife, smiling sweetly. I'd say she's the Mother Hen in this trio.

Eva volunteered to click pictures. After cutting the cake, we helped ourselves to a glass of wine.

"HAPPY 20, BABE!!" They both cheered.

"And Wish you get a wonderful person as your Soulmate," They both added as we sipped on our wine.

Yeah, Soulmate.

Everyone over 20 has a Soulmate, the other half of your soul. We receive him/her/them on our 20th birthday. That's not everyone's case; a person will only receive their soulmates if both are over 20 yr old. So I'll probably meet my soulmate today.