Chapter 8

When she told 'we're gonna go shopping, ' I never thought it would be this. She practically dragged me to every shop that existed in this fucking shopping mall. I swear I was on the verge of getting a heart attack when I saw the price tags. We ended up bickering almost at every shop, where I argued that I had my clothes back at Home and I needed to get them. I tried to convince her that spending so much money on me was useless and, to be honest, it hurt my ego. I have never let anyone pay for me; you might think I'm weird, right? 

The thing is when you grow up in a household where your single mother is working her ass off to give her children a better life and earning enough to give them wings to fly to their dreams, you eventually grow up into an independent human. Although my grandparents were ready to support my mom economically, she was too headstrong to accept their help. When I was back in Astoria, I used to work part-time so that I don't have to disturb her to fulfill my small needs or even buy something pretty for her. Even I used to work part-time back in LA. Also, I have a student loan, but that's a headache for another day and can be managed after I get a job. But the point here is saving is a good habit.

They already bought me a mobile just because they didn't want my mom to worry about me. And now they're also spending their money to buy me clothes. God, how should I repay them?

So after all the bickering, we went through, we somehow managed to accomplish our goal. We chatted with each other as we made our way to the food court carrying the shopping bags.

Halfway through our meal, I asked her about how she met Namjoon and Jin.

"Well, I was always aspired to become a makeup artist since childhood. It was unexpected how I ended at Bighit. One of my seniors from high school used to work in the Bighit's makeup team. At that time, she was just in her 1st trimester but had some complications. So, her gynac advised her to take compulsory bed rest. The boys were preparing to set out for their world tour, so she introduced me to Bang PD as a replacement. I went through a small Interview and got recruited into the team. I was the youngest in the whole team, " she chuckled at the memory, "I was just 19, 1 month to turn 20," she lowered her voice.

I grinned, leaning against the table, and supported my chin on my palm. 

"We were in Texas then on my birthday, " she continued.

"That was in September. I don't remember the dates tho, " I said with a pout, "But it was something around Namjoon's birthday, right?"

"Yes, indeed. It was on 15-16 Sept 2018. My birthday is on the 15th, " she said a smile blooming on her lips and pink-tinted her cheeks.

"I had become very comfortable with the crew and the guys after being with them for a month. Neither the team nor the boys knew it was my birthday. Our schedule was busy, so I had no time to worry about it or the soulmate or think about the dream, I had that morning. 

"You had a dream?" I squealed, and she rattled her head.

"What did you dream about?"

"Well, it was a VCR break, and we all were hustling to get the boys ready for their next performance. I was doing Namjoon's makeup, and it happened all of a sudden. I somehow managed to trip on my own damn feet and fell into Namjoon's lap. The moment our eyes locked with each other we knew it; the connection we felt was undeniable," she said, blushing brighter.

"And it was the same as that of the dream," She grinned.

"Oh my GOD!!!"

"A Dream Bond," I breathed out in amusement, and she rattled her head in confirmation.

"Namjoon's soul mark is under my right clavicle," she said, pointing to the clothed spot. I didn't notice yesterday because she had worn a white flannel shirt, but I'd got a glimpse of a mark on her left wrist.