Chapter 40

The loud crash from the accident and our screams echoed through the car. Another vehicle had crashed into us and had send reeling in other direction. I tried to shield Ara as it was her side that was going to hit. However, in turn I  ended up taking the blow. All I could think at that time was the baby in her womb.

My head hit hard against the window frame but I had somehow Ara in my arms. Minghyuk lost his control on the stearing and the car spinned, crashing into a nearby lambpost. Atlest the car didn't topple over.

Oh God!!

"Minghyuk? Are you all right?" I called out and I got a groan in response. Atlest he's conscious to begin with.

"Unnie!??" I shook Ara who clutched me for her dear life. Her eyes round in horror and shock of the accident. She didn't s respond which made me anxious.

My head hurts like a bitch and I can already feel the trickling blood down my face. Need to get out.

I tried to unlock the door but the crash had somehow jammed the fucking door. Then I tried kicking it but it didn't budge. However, the people who had witnessed the accident had already made their way to us. They somehow got us out of the car.

I dragged Ara out with me and helped Minghyuk. Ara still clunged to my side, her one hand over her belly with tears streaming down her face.

She's in shock and I don't know what to do. The pain in my head is becoming unbearable. My vision started to litter with black dots and the next thing I know is my knees hitting the concrete before my body fell limp on the road. Another heart wrenching scream is what I heard before I blacked out completely.

*

My consciousness kept switching back and forth the whole time. During the short period of semi conscious state, I could feel myself being moved somewhere, someone had my hand in a tight grip as if it'll stop me from black out again.

There was also a short time when I sensed the presence of my soulmate. In my half conscious state I heard him talking to someone. But I'm not sure if it was a real conversation or was it an illusion.

"Soyeon, listen to me," Jungkook said in a nonchalant voice, "You've got it all wrong."

Then there was a pause.
I wonder what is it all all about.

"I'm not lying. I'm just acting. Can't you see this? Or you really want me dead or something? That's your love for me?"

Acting......?

"Make things up? I'm not Soyeon. Think about this... Ashlynn is unfortunately my real soulmate and if something happens to her I'll possibly die because of the bloodbond we share. Do you want me dead by killing her?"

Is Jungkook faking it?

Even in my semi conscious state, my heart ached as I listened to the conversation. I really wish it's just some illusion made up by my mind because it got hit. A lone tear slipped from my eyes. I could feel the trail of wetness it left on my face and that's what the last thing remember everything went black again.

*

The warmth that engulfed me along with familiar masculine scent was the first thing I sensed as soon as I regained my consciousness. He was so close that I could hear his heart beating, I can listen it for whole day.

My eyes fluttered open and met the beautiful butterfly soulmark on his chest. The room was dimly lit my the first rays of the sun, painting my handsome male in golden light. I traced the intricate pattern of the butterfly in a feathery touch not wanting to wake him up from his slumber.