Chapter 5

Hey guys!!!
The convo in bold italics is supposed to be in Korean, as my knowledge of the language is next to nothing (I tried to learn but failed😭 but will keep trying). I'll follow the same for every chapter as well.
Thank you for reading.
Enjoy!!

*

Amidst the cheerful noises, the sound of the front door being shut went unnoticed.

It was not until Jin hollered from the balcony; we noticed a black hooded figure who seemed to want to slip in without anyone's notice.

But chills ran down my spine when I couldn't sense our bond. It was negligible as if the bond never existed.

"Jungkook, " I whispered under my breath.

"Jungkook, where the hell was you?" Jin questioned, approaching him with a glare.

"We all were so worried," Jimin said as he jumped from his seat and walked towards him, "Why didn't you pick up your phone?"

"Exactly. Where the hell is your phone? " Jin gave him a death glare at him, impatiently tapping his feet. 

Namjoon entered the hallway shutting his bedroom door. But as soon as his eyes landed on Jungkook, his gaze turned dead serious. The piercing stare he gave Jungkook truly confused me; he looked pissed at Jungkook for real.

But why?

I turned my gaze back to Jungkook, who still haven't uttered a word. My eyes unknowingly roamed over his form. The thin white shirt that he wore underneath peeked out of his unzipped hoodie jacket. The top two buttons of his shirt were undone, exposing a silver of his chest. But an unusual red mark caught my attention, making me frown slightly. I rummaged through the image of his half-naked form from the poolside this evening but came up with nothing.

"Answer us, Kook," Tae said.

"She fell sick cuz of the soulbond, and you were nowhere around. We were scared shitless." Hobi added, annoyance clear in his voice.

Everyone except Namjoon kept bombarding him with questions, but he kept quiet. They were scared by my breakdown, but I felt sorry for him as everyone kept scolding him. His absence did hurt me, but I guess he just freaked out and wanted some time to sort out things. I hope that was it, and we can always start anew. We have our whole life to live together.

"She had a 'soul breakdown,' for hell's sake, " Jimin said frantically.

I was about to wave them off, to tell them to leave the poor guy alone but was stunned by what he said next.

"Why the hell should I be concerned? " He asked indifferently, and everyone gasped.

"JUNGKOOK, " Namjoon reprimanded him; he sounded furious.

"I don't want a soulmate, " He announced, glaring at me.

His words pierced my heart, shattering it into millions of pieces. I stood there frozen unable to contemplate his words. 

How can he say that?

"What did you just say? " I asked him, my voice cracking at the end.

"I Don't Need A Soulmate, " he repeated without any remorse.

"How the hell can you say Jungkook??" Someone asked; I don't know who was it because I was losing my mind.

Did I go through all this pain just for him to throw me away like a piece of trash?

He just rejected me, his soulmate. Aren't soulmates meant to support and care for each other? Right? But the irony is true love never exists. I had firsthand experience in the form of broken bones and a damaged mind.