Chapter 25

I rummaged through the cabinets and the refrigerator for the ingredients to prepare lunch. After contemplating much about Jungkook's diet and health, I settled on wheat noodles, salad, and boiled eggs. I know he's on a strict diet because of the world tour and upcoming Festa events, but health is more important. As for myself, I'll just stick to the sandwiches he prepared and last night's lasagna.

I switched on my phone to put on some music when I saw some message notifications from the guys, and most of them were regarding their Maknae's health. I quickly replied to them, put on my favorite playlist on Spotify, and began my work.

I was almost done with my work when I heard Jungkook holler for me from the bathroom.

"Ash, where are the towels?"

"Isn't there any on the rack?"

"Nopes."

Aishh, I forgot to restore the dried ones.

"Wait a moment I'll get them for you."

Facepalming myself, I rushed to grab the towel. I approached the bathroom and knocked on the door.

"Jungkook, open up."

The door opened revealing a set of doe eyes that stared back at me. I extended the towel, and he grabbed it, mumbling a 'Thank You.'

Why does it feel like some cliche scene from some Indian soap opera that my Mom used to watch?

Nevermind.

I returned to the kitchen and continued my work. Pulling out the lasagna from the refrigerator, I kept it in the oven to heat it. I was serving the noodles in the bowl when I heard Jungkook calling out my name again.

"Ash?"

"Yeah?" I looked up only to be stunned by the sight before me.

As soon as my gaze fell on him my body froze. I was captivated by the Adonis-like human standing across me in nothing but just a towel secured around his thin waist.

It was as if the connection to my brain had severed. His soft lips moved as if he were speaking to me about something, but I couldn't hear. I stood there enchanted by him. My heart raced like a horse, I could hear it drumming in my ears. My eyes couldn't help but soak in the sight of his sculptured body and chiseled face. My throat went dry.

Clutching the edges of the kitchen island, he leaned forward, and the chords of his arms stretched by the movement. He tilted his head, the wet strands of his hair falling to the side, and looked at me with curious eyes.  

Jungkook leaned in further, and my breath hitched.

"Like what you see, princess?" He whispered with an evident smirk on his face.

I jumped back, flustered by the sudden closeness, and turned away, averting my eyes from him.

"Wh-where are your clothes, Jeon?" I fumbled, nervously, and he chuckled.

"Guess you didn't hear a word I just told you," He stated.

"I-I, " I stammered.

Fuck, what did he tell me?
Get a hold, Ash!!!!

"Oh right, you were busy checking me out. Didn't you say you had enough of my abs this morning?" He pointed out

Jerk!!!

I blushed harder at his words.

"N-no that's not the case, I-I was thinking something else," I stammered.

Wtf!! Why can't I answer without stammering? Way to embarrass me!!! I literally want to facepalm myself right now.

"Ohh~ what?" He asked with a mischievous glint in his doe eyes and a devilish smirk.