Chapter 27

"Ash. Ash, wake up!!!"

"Mom, 5 mins, please," I mumbled and snuggled into my pillow.

"Yayyy, I'm not your mom!!"

"Then who are you? My fate? Did you come to mock me? Can't you leave me alone even in my sleep?" I grumbled and pulled the comforter over my head.

The person muttered something in Korean, but it went unregistered in my sleepy mind.

"ASH, IT'S ARA!!! WAKE UP, SLEEPY HEAD. I TOOK THE DAMN TEST. NOW WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!" Ara yelled.

Ara? Test? Oh fuck!!

I shoot upright from the bed like I was electrocuted only to slam my head right back onto my pillow. I clutch my head as a numb pain develops in my temples.

"Ahhh, my head."

"What am I gonna do with you?" Ara chuckled.

"Same Unnie, Same," I mumbled into the pillow, "Wow, what a damn start of the day it is!"

I massaged my temples and rose from the bed eventually.

"So, you were telling... "

"I took the test," Ara announced.

"You took it without me?" I pouted.

"You didn't wake up, sleepy head," She chuckled.

"So what did the test say?" I asked, containing my excitement.

"I haven't checked yet," She mumbled, nervously biting her lower lip.

"Then we should. Let's go," I stood up and held my hand out for her with an encouraging smile. She took it, and we made our way to the spacious in situ bathroom.

We moved towards the counter attached to the basin where she had left the kit. But she stopped me mid-way.

"Ash, what if I'm really pregnant? Will - Will they be okay?" She asked. Ara's anxious about the results; it's evident on her face.

"Unnie, didn't I tell you if you're pregnant, they'll be over the world? So, stop worrying, yeah?" I comforted.

"Yeah," She nodded.

We approached the counter and glanced at the kit. I swear to God, it was one of the best moments of my life.

I let out a gasp and looked at Ara with teary eyes and a wide grin. However, she stared at the stick with wide eyes and took it in her palms with trembling hands.

"Ash, I -I-," Ara burst into tears, holding the kit tightly to her chest, and I hugged her. My own happy tears flowed down my cheeks. I made us both sit down on the bathroom floor and hugged Ara to my chest.

"I can't believe this is happening," She mumbled into my clothes.

Ara disentangled from me and glanced at me with bright eyes. Her eyes floated with beatitude as she gazed down to her belly and gently rubbed it.

I grinned and glanced at the pregnancy kit in her hands. The two red lines stared back at me with a child-like giggle. This baby is going to change the course of our life, I can feel it coming.

*

"Good morning," I yelled as I neared the secluded huge breakfast table. The 95-liners, Yoongi and Hobi, were already at the table.

"Good Morning," They greeted.

"You look happy," Hobi pointed out, "Something Good happened?".

"Yeah, kinda," I chirped.