Chapter 12

As Casper parked the car in his driveway, I hopped out and engulfed my mom in a tight hug, bathing my heart in her motherly warmth.

A sob escaped her making me entangle my arms, and I moved away just enough to look at her face.

Her eyes glistened with unshed tears, and I tilted my head, giving her a tight smile.

"I'm not leaving you anytime soon, mom. Please don't cry."

"But you'll be going away from me, right? And to another continent."

"I'll visit you occasionally, I swear," I promised.

"Oh God, my little girl grew up. She already has a soulmate. I can't believe my eyes."

I threw an arm around her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze, and turned to the other people on the porch.

"I know Maya, even I can't believe my eyes either," said Isabella, Eva's mom, Casper's first soulmate.

Casper has two soulmates, one's Isabella, Eva's mother, and the other is Bella's twin sister Cassandra. Cass has a pair of twins, Nathan and Nicole, both 14 years old.

"These two will turn 20 soon," said Hikari, Yuki's mother.

"Same opinion," came a voice, making us turn to the front door. Cassandra leaned against the doorframe with one hand raised.

It must be the look on our faces; her smile widened, "What? You guys stole my line."

We chuckled.

While Bella is quiet and laid back, Cass is the talkative one who cracks odd jokes on weird occasions.

Cass gave the three of us a tight hug and ushered us inside. Our parents walked further into the room, and we gonna dine together tonight.

"Evie~" a voice hollered from above the stairs.

"Evie, you're home," another voice came in.

Rushed footsteps of the twins echoed in the room, and their bodies came flying down the stairs and crashed into her. The sudden force had her off balance, and if not for the strong arms that caught her faster than Yuki and me; Eva would have landed flat on her ass. 

Steely gray eyes met cerulean blue. 

Am I watching a romantic movie or something?

I frowned and glanced at Yuki, who had a similar look. Nat and Nic had entangled themselves from Eva.

The guy is none other than my older brother aka Ashton Reed.

I cleared my throat, bursting them from whatever bubble they had around them. Eva jumped away from Tony, putting some distance between both of them, her cheeks turning a tint of red.

The twins let out a giggle, but with a glare from Eva, the chuckle died in their throats.

"I would have appreciated a Hi."

Tony chuckled and attacked me with a bear hug. He lifted me off the floor and swirled which had my head spinning.

"I asked for a 'Hi' and not a fucking roller coaster ride," I yelled whereas he chuckled, "Let me down, you Hulk."

I'm not too fond of roller coasters. I'm not afraid of heights, but the huge twists and turns on a roller coaster make my stomach churn with anxiety.

"Ash, no swearing," My mom yelled back at me.

Oops.

Tony landed me on my feet, laughing his ass off while I had my head spinning like a damn spin top.